Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted elsewhere of my interest in the new Euro CB 1300 Honda but need a bike which can handle the odd track day as well.
Has anybody got any experience of the the 1300, or if not that the likes of the big Yamaha or Suzukis in this situation that they can share?
It doesn't need to handle like a 600RR but it does need to be able to get around without grounding everywhere and generally getting too loose and sloppy....

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'm betting the clearance on that is worse than the 919, and the 919 drags quite a bit according to LDH, the 1300 kinda looks like an old bike brought back, I'm betting it'll have clearance problems

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
TraumaOne's buddy Murdock seemed to get around Jennings pretty well and he was riding a ....ZX-1100? AKA: a big green thing.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ZRX 1100 - that's the bit I needed, it's very similar to the CB 1300. Thanks NH. I'm hoping the 1300 would go well enough to emabarass more than a few bloods on sport bikes.
I'd expect it to be a bit inclined to drag all right, but I'll happily rework the boingers if needed and can always hang off a bit more. It's a bit heavier: +20kg compared to an RC 51, +40kg compared to the Blade and a little slower on the geometry but the numbers actually look reasonable enough.
Old(ish) and Euro I guess is right, not to mention fairly well padded but don't jump to too many conclusions  on the riding front

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right on the button Stegen - no reason why a naked can't haul (remember Eddie Lawson and Freddie Spencer?) but the problem is that many are built down to a price and set up for cruiser type use with cheap boingers and dodgy geometry.
The latest wave of bikes are reversing that - Aprilia Tuono, Kawasaki Z1000, rumoured naked RC 51, MV Brutale and so on - they are basically sports bikes in sit up and beg format....

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I have a friend who does track days on his ZRX1200. I did a track day at Road Atlanta with him and several of his friends from this web site http://zrxoa.com/. Some of these guys were doing really well. I can't give you a firsthand comparison though (as I have never ridden one on the track).

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
There were several Bandit 1200s at Gateway this year and they moved along fast enough to pass a few riders.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
They weren't passing me, of course. They were clogging up the lanes with enough muscle to stay ahead in the straights. Still, they moved along at a good enough pace to be respectable.

That being said, the guy who runs the event used to ride a Bandit and was passing about half of the riders out there in the Intermediate class. Some old racer on a big, Triumph cruiser (minus the luggage bags, thank God) was passing me left and right the last event.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts