1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So get this peeps.

Last night I was outside my house, taking pix of my bike @
o2oo hours.

I park my bike on the road, with my car behind it, highbeams as light source to bike.

Some yahoo in a pickup truck comes around the bend, sees me crouching with my camera and tripod.... and decides to "scare" me by driving towards me.

I don't flinch, as I didn't think buddy would actually try to hit me. Then right after he passes me, I hear BANG!

My first reaction was to carry my camera stuff off the road and then make sure my little brother was okay (he was helping me take pix).

I look at my car, and fcuker broke my side mirror. I wanted to chase him down, but my gutless brother wouldn't let me. I knew better than to chase him on the bike as A) I had no helmet, B) it's a lost cause playing bumper-car with a huge pick up.

What a FCUKED up world we live in, where a man can't even take pix without being harassed. Fug me!

....Why does this SHIfT always happen to me.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
WTF??? What kind of truck was it? Year/Make/Model/Colour? Plates?

·
Registered
626 Posts
That sucks dude! Glad you guys are alright that is the most important thing. I don't think I would have had the same restraint you showed, I think I would have grabbed the nearest rock jumped on the bike and chased that fuker. Did you call the cops?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
An older truck. Prolly Ford. Old like 80s. Two tone, White-ish (beige) and brown. It was 2am, I was just goofing around w/ camera, having a good time w/ my brother (who's visiting from Milwaukee), not bothering anyone. hell we were whispering to each other the whole time in fear of waking up neighbours.

The other problem is that he would know where I live and would probably F up my crap afterwards anyway. That's really the only reason why I showed restraint. Didn't call the cops as it wasn't critical enough to do so. No other damage than a shattered side mirror - housing okay. No scratches even.

I would have called the cops on a hit-run if he had hit my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Dude, there are f*cked up people everywhere. I believe it's all in how they're raised. Just like gas prices, there's nothing you can do.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Sounds like the dude lives in the area,might be worth a drive around.You should still report it.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
2 in the morning eh?
Do you know that drunk drivers are attracted to red lights? That they often smash right into them?
Consider yourself lucky that you're not dead for your complacency.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
nedro said:
2 in the morning eh?
Do you know that drunk drivers are attracted to red lights? That they often smash right into them?
Consider yourself lucky that you're not dead for your complacency.

it is not just red lights, but flashing red lights.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
bubba said:
it is not just red lights, but flashing red lights.
Point taken. Please don't ignore big trucks headed for you, even if you think they are joking. Those are bad odds.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well lucky me as none of the lights on that night were near red. Then again, I"m red green colour blind..... I should report it eh? Yeah, I think he lives nearby too. I'll drive around, wait 6 months, and then exact my revenge.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
asiliat said:
well lucky me as none of the lights on that night were near red. Then again, I"m red green colour blind..... I should report it eh? Yeah, I think he lives nearby too. I'll drive around, wait 6 months, and then exact my revenge.
Not only should you tell everyone on the internet your intensions, but also making a video tape of the revenge would do wonders for your case in court.

I know you're pissed right now. But after everything is said and done, it was only a mirror.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
nedro said:
Not only should you tell everyone on the internet your intensions, but also making a video tape of the revenge would do wonders for your case in court.

I know you're pissed right now. But after everything is said and done, it was only a mirror.
yeah and besides, your mirror on his side panels probably did a LOT more damage. It will look like a long streaking dent at any local body shop. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Shoulda snapped some photo's of the hit and run.

Sorry man, wish we could do somethin' for you.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nomad said:
Shoulda snapped some photo's of the hit and run.

Sorry man, wish we could do somethin' for you.
Nah, it's cool, just letting me vent is therapy enough

A VW board suggested I take pix of the vehicle, but come on, it's a Nikon FA on manual exposure, not much to be had w/o at least a flash (which I didn't have.)

What I shoulda done was chase him down to get his plates.

·
Registered
134 Posts
nedro said:
2 in the morning eh?

I was thinking the same thing. Probably a drunk driver...

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
arndogg said:
I was thinking the same thing. Probably a drunk driver...
I'm assuming asiliat is in the Richmond Hill/Markham area... that's not typically a place a crazy cracker in an old beatup pickup truck would likely be unless they were looking for trouble. I don't doubt the truck part but I bet it there was more motive to it than that. Sorry, drunk drivers don't usually find off-shoot housing suburbs to randomly drive in... I bet the guy was just being a punk.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nomad said:
I'm assuming asiliat is in the Richmond Hill/Markham area...
[SNIP]
I bet the guy was just being a punk.
Actually, I'm living in Scarlem (Scarborough) right now, but I don't think he was drunk either. Just being a punk.

Incidently, my brother said chances are the truck wouldn't have hit the mirror if he didn't step behind my car for "protection" to begin with. Guess that means I can take it out on my little brother. muhahaha. :evilaugh:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Come to think of it, wasn't it a full moon last night? That would explain the f'd up stuff that happened to you and Stopsign.

Ask Chain, I bet he could comment on increased 'activity' during full moons. I asked my locals that one time and they said that there's definitely something that happens to people during the night of a full moon.

Good thing it was only a mirror that got hurt. That's easily replaceable.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
asiliat said:
Actually, I'm living in Scarlem (Scarborough) right now, but I don't think he was drunk either. Just being a punk.

Incidently, my brother said chances are the truck wouldn't have hit the mirror if he didn't step behind my car for "protection" to begin with. Guess that means I can take it out on my little brother. muhahaha. :evilaugh:
ohhhh.... for some reason I thought you were up near my old place and thought you were a "hwy 7" kinda guy. :idunno: my bad.

So when are you ever going to come out for a ride with the other .Orgers?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nomad said:
ohhhh.... for some reason I thought you were up near my old place and thought you were a "hwy 7" kinda guy. :idunno: my bad.

So when are you ever going to come out for a ride with the other .Orgers?
Yo I'm definitely up for a ride anytime. My old group kinda disbanded and I'm riding pretty much solo. Next time you guys go somewhere, ~sniff. Count me in mang!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts