Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i accidently over filled my engine and my crankcase cover is leaking bad... and i was wonderign if some one could give me a quick sugestions since i looked on www.ronayers.com and didn't see a gasket for the right side crankcase cover. thanks please help me out...

·
Registered
80 Posts
If your over filled the first thing to do is remove the excess oil, clean everything and see if it still leaks. Many times if an engine is overfilled liquid oil hits the crank and they will leak in places that they usually would never leak and the pressure can force oil past even good seals. Very very hard on an engine to run with too much oil in it.

Max

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Max said:
If your over filled the first thing to do is remove the excess oil, clean everything and see if it still leaks. Many times if an engine is overfilled liquid oil hits the crank and they will leak in places that they usually would never leak and the pressure can force oil past even good seals. Very very hard on an engine to run with too much oil in it.

Max
thanks max after i read ur post i went and let some oil out, however it is leaking through the darn side cover, like dripping down oil u can see the huge drop of it so i'll have to go to honda tomorrow and pick up the liquid gasket or something liek that but thanks anyways if any of u guy have experience please post up

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
gumby said:
thanks max after i read ur post i went and let some oil out, however it is leaking through the darn side cover, like dripping down oil u can see the huge drop of it so i'll have to go to honda tomorrow and pick up the liquid gasket or something liek that but thanks anyways if any of u guy have experience please post up
It's called HondaBond, although Yamabond will work in a pinch . . .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
desertfox said:
Just kind of curious how much oil is too much? How much extra oil did it take to cause your leak?
i think i put one qrt more than it should hold kuz i was in a hurry and it already had some oil in it so i just dumped 3 qrts in and just rode it blew my side crank case cover gasket

1 - 7 of 7 Posts