Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright all,
So was out checking me plugs today to see whether she was running rich/lean etc as feels a bit boggy and came across a few problems. First of all while it does look like its running a bit rich altogether, each plug had oil on the outside of it (just below the thread but not on the plug tip or ceramic insulator). As I said its consistent over the lot of em.
Thennnn while reassembling noticed what looked like oil leaking from the head gasket below where cyl 3&4 are but upon further investigation it seems to have leaked down from higher up so assuming its from the rocker cover.

So yeah, before I take her apart again does anyone know whether its likely the slight amount of oil found on the plugs could be related to this seal leak?
Did intend to compression test today as well but turns out I've not got the correct sized fitting for my size spark plugs. Bugger.

Attached pics of the first plug n this leak though. Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Give the area a good wash with some degreaser dry it off with compressed air and then replace your rocker cover gasket and spark plugs, give it a good run and check and re-tighten the rocker cover bolts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts