Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Leaky Carburetor

3K views 24 replies 3 participants last post by  bladeracer 
#1 ·
Hey my carb is leaking gas and im not to sure why, I have a 1999 900rr,
i see where its coming from, and its dripping from a hose that leads directly from the 2nd carb from the left of the bike as if your sittin on it. I have the gas dripping in a pan right now but i was curious if this hose attaches to anything.. any help please!!

#2 ·
maybe the overflow hose...look at the end of it and see if it looks like it's flared out at the end like it would have been connected to something, if not, and it's probably the overflow which is an indication of a possibly sticking float or float valve.

#4 ·
Where does it attach to the carb exactly?
If it's actually attached to the intake manifold then it's a vacuum line.

#5 ·
its attached on the 2nd from the left carb (as if your sittin on the bike), and right above it is the float bowl, the line comes right out and hangs down, i can see imprints which looks like a clamp was on it, but its not there, im curious where to attach this line, i just cleaned out the entire carb and have no clue where this goes

#6 ·
If it's on the bottom of the float bowl then it is an overflow hose.
The reason they leak is the needle and seat is worn.
If it's sucking though the float bowl must be totally dry.
Does the bike run okay?
Is the header on #2 the same temp as the others?

#8 · (Edited)
It's not unusual to remove them as they're really only useful to drain the bowls for storage.
Do you mean only #2 has provision for this tube?
The header is the top part of the exhaust system that attaches to the cylinder head. The four seperate headers extend as far as the collector where the pipes meet.

#17 ·
I've only got a '96-'98 manual but it's a coolant hose according to that.
It meets the head between #1 and #2 intakes though rather than directly into #2 as on your picture so it may be totally different.
Why fuel is running out of it I can't imagine.
It's more likely a vacuum hose into the intake tract but it still shouldn't have fuel in it.

#19 ·
Could it be the vacuum line to the fuel tap?
If it is though then you shouldn't be getting any fuel flow at all.
Just went through the fiche and I'm buggered if I can find anything else it could be.
Any chance you can get a look at another bike and see where their's goes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.