Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some ceramic resistors i have never used, just tested on another bike (someone else helped me, but, i forgot completely how to). Never installed them because i heard they turn very hot, now because my 929 is like a christmas tree of blinkers (tail light integrated, sides and mirrors) maybe i should install them. Can you tell me how to wire them??

Attachments

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I wouldn't. They can fail on you and burn stuff up. (I've read :O )
I'd buy a flasher that is compatible with LED's. They're common and easy to find nowadays.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking sticking them to the frame somehow would made more of a cooling environment but, maybe you're right

·
Registered
564 Posts
I used them on mine and they have worked fine for 3 years now.. I have only felt them get slightly warm while sitting with them on for a while. It takes away the rapid blinking of a low resistance led. I have always kept a small cardboard barrier between the resistors and my powercommander just for piece of mind really....

Either way I'd imagine you will be fine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used them on mine and they have worked fine for 3 years now.. I have only felt them get slightly warm while sitting with them on for a while. It takes away the rapid blinking of a low resistance led. I have always kept a small cardboard barrier between the resistors and my powercommander just for piece of mind really....

Either way I'd imagine you will be fine.
Can you take a picture with the resitor cables connected ?

·
Registered
791 Posts
These work by increasing the resistance on the LED blinkers, and resistance makes heat. Your blinkers will be dimmer, and you'll be wasting the power that LED indicators are meant to save.

Instead, throw the blinkers away and get yourself on eBay. You can get a plug'n'play LED relay that will solve all those problems, and it won't matter if you have 1 or 8 blinkers plugged in.

The images often show a 3-pin type plug with 2 wires in it. Don't worry, it will replace the 3 pin plug in your harness, just that the more modern relay doesn't need earthing.

If it's not urgent, order from China: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Turn-...36?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2c5eb1df94

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Suicide, they are just resistors that will go in series with each side of your turn signals, but why are you needing to use them ?
Are you having problems?
No man, just that annoying fast blinking!

These work by increasing the resistance on the LED blinkers, and resistance makes heat. Your blinkers will be dimmer, and you'll be wasting the power that LED indicators are meant to save.

Instead, throw the blinkers away and get yourself on eBay. You can get a plug'n'play LED relay that will solve all those problems, and it won't matter if you have 1 or 8 blinkers plugged in.

The images often show a 3-pin type plug with 2 wires in it. Don't worry, it will replace the 3 pin plug in your harness, just that the more modern relay doesn't need earthing.

If it's not urgent, order from China: LED Turn Signal Flash Rate Relay CBR 600 1000 RR | eBay
Thanks for the link!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts