Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good set of front flush mount LED lights for the front of a 954RR? Some that cover the holes in the fairings completely. I bought some regular bulb type flush mounts & they are just a little too small.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
HondaGal found some good ones that just stick on, not requiring any drilling. Hers aren't LED, but I seem to recall her saying that LED was available. Hopefully she'll chime in, otherwise, PM her. They're nice flushmounts.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I got my lights from Graphic Art Moto Design.

They also have LED lights. Keep in mind that you'll need to correct the flash rate with the LED's. I used their regular lights and still encountered had a fast flash rate. But, after I added turn signals to the front light housing (a la cherrypicker lights), the rate came down to normal.

The lights fit on great! No bodywork cutting required. All you have to do is connect the wires. They look very nice too, a bit pricey, but they look the best out of all the lights I've tried.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you get the ones w/ the trim or w/o the trim? I would prefer the ones w/o the trim, but I don't know if they will cover completely.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I got the ones with the trim. You could always remove the trim if you didn't like how it looks before you mount it. Better safe than sorry, ya know? I have a red/black '02 954 and the black trim blends into the black side panels very nicely.

Lemme know if you want a pic, and I'll post it for you.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Keep in mind that LED's have a limited viewing angle. If you have anything with an LED, check it out. On axis view is generally excellent and very bright. The further off-axis and the dimmer it gets.

At 90% off-axis you might not even be able to see them in daylight and barely at all at night either.

Just keep this is mind when checking out the various LED light designs. There are some LED's that have wider and narrower viewing angles but I've never seen one with anything approaching 90%. Viewing angle can be used to one's advantage or disatvantage depending on purpose, Ex:
LED indicators

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'm going w/ the reg. bulb style. Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts