Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had trouble finding headlights for the bike in the past, they look like H4 but theyr'e not. What size is it?
Because ive just chucked a set of LED headlights in my car and they are the tits. Very bright. Proper beams high and low, low current draw, no heat (comparatively)
It would be very nice to have that on a vehicle that has its lights on with ignition, has a much smaller electrical system, and goes a lot faster.
Is it possible to convert H4 to fit?
Its a '94 900rr

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
The good LED bulbs usually have a heat sink and a fan. You may not be able to get them to fit in with the tight tolerances motorcycles have.

I've seen some that have forgone the fan for a flexible heat sink, I don't know what the life expectancy of those bulbs are.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
That's weird, maybe Ian will ring in with some info. The cross reference I found says Honda P/N 34901-MC7-601AH is the same as an H4, which you say is not. LED's are nice, friend has them in his truck, Shadow and R1.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,146 Posts
I have to admit, I have a pretty good working knowledge of a lot of things, but sometimes I haven't a clue either. I don't know what an H4 bulb is. If I were looking for a bulb for my 93, I would go to my dealer and get a bulb. H4 means nothing to me. Granted, I haven't bought a motorcycle headlight bulb in about 20 years, so is that a new designation for a 12V 45/45W bulb?

What does the "H4" represent? I know I'm gonna feel this one for a while :spank:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
perhaps it's a new labeling system :idunno:

the 954s have H7s. I was gifted a set of 'em and they have SESSATAF, so they won't fit. maybe it's a Sylvania thing?

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Honda does put an adapter on the bulbs and sometimes that is also what helps to hold it in place. So when you say it is not the right size, what exactly do you mean?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
H4, along with H7 ect are very common sizes. The ones on the early 900rr (or at least mine) appear to be h4, but regular h4 do not quite fit. Also the ones in my bike are less than the usual 55/60w. I will check it again now that i have spare bulbs from my car (as i usually do every couple of years lol) because it has been a while.

These are the type of bulbs id like to fit (or a knock-off of)
Upgraded GENUINE Pair PHILIPS LED 6200K H4 X-Treme Ultinon White Light Bulb Lamp | eBay

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cant remember, its been a while, Im starting to worry maybe i was just being a tard that day, but i am pretty sure one of the lugs is too wide or in the wrong position. I will pull them out and check (and take photos) when i get a chance.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Seriously? H4 bulbs have been around forever. Literally. I think Thomas Edison used one for inventing electricity. Probably.
Ah, to be young again. You must be quite young if the '80's seem like forever, 'cause mid '80's is replaceable headlight bulbs came into play. Before that they were sealed beam. I know, I was there, and of driving age, LOL.

BTW, Edison did not invent electricity, just the light bulb. Electricity was not invented, but rather discovered.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ah, to be young again. You must be quite young if the '80's seem like forever, 'cause mid '80's is replaceable headlight bulbs came into play. Before that they were sealed beam. I know, I was there, and of driving age, LOL.

BTW, Edison did not invent electricity, just the light bulb. Electricity was not invented, but rather discovered.
It was a light-hearted comment. Everyone knows that electricity is black magic.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I have to admit, I have a pretty good working knowledge of a lot of things, but sometimes I haven't a clue either. I don't know what an H4 bulb is. If I were looking for a bulb for my 93, I would go to my dealer and get a bulb. H4 means nothing to me. Granted, I haven't bought a motorcycle headlight bulb in about 20 years, so is that a new designation for a 12V 45/45W bulb?

What does the "H4" represent? I know I'm gonna feel this one for a while :spank:
H4's and H7's are common replaceable headlight bulbs used in countless applications both automotive and M/C. H4's are dual filament, high/low beam bulbs, and have 3 prongs. H7's as used in 929's and 954's, are single filament, and have 2 prongs. H7's are used as both high and low beams. OEM's are 55w, it's the reflector that determines their focal angle. The H simply denotes Halogen.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
he'th tho thmart :thumb:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts