Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I put some aftermarket front turn signals on my 954rr, they work perfect with the halogen bulbs but I want to switch to LED because the halogen bulbs heat up so much and actually melted/warped the outer cover on the aftermarket blinker..
Now the current problem, I bought LED bulbs to fit the socket (supposedly plug and play) but they won't light up at all. I hooked them up to wires on a Kawasaki and they light right up so the bulbs are good.. Any clue what I'm missing here?? Any help is appreciated..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a guess, but have you tried orienting the "led bulbs" the other way? I am pretty sure led bulbs only work one way around whereas halogen bulbs work both ways. So you might have to turn it 180 degrees and see if it helps?
Again it is just an idea, that you may already have tried :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a guess, but have you tried orienting the "led bulbs" the other way? I am pretty sure led bulbs only work one way around whereas halogen bulbs work both ways. So you might have to turn it 180 degrees and see if it helps?
Again it is just an idea, that you may already have tried :)
Yes unfortunately I've tried that already and they still dont light up at all.. 😅

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update I spliced the wires together on the left side signal + to + and - to - with nothing, touched the running light wire to the + connections and LED turned on, but when I hit the switch to toggle the right side blinker (still connected with halogen bulb and regular wiring) it blew the 10A gauge cluster fuse.. tried to tie the running light wire into the - side to see what would happen and blew the turn signal fuse. Back to square 1

·
Registered
1 Posts
There should be a separate shelf in heaven for such technology, haha. I'm serious. These LED lights are fantastic. I always use only quality ones for my bike. The longevity and reliability of the bulb are ensured by the driver, which is built into the body, does not take up unnecessary space, and does not conflict with the electronic system of the motorcycle. The latest version of the driver ensures that the lamp is 99% compatible with the motorcycle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts