Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
"The division also intends to display a rudimentary knowledge of Arabic language and customs, Formica said. Officers and sergeants are undergoing "cultural sensitivity training" in Jordan and at Fort Hood before arriving in Baghdad, Formica said. "

i'm not sure about the rest of it, but that part in itself must be a good thing. Think about it - how many times do you get pissed off when someone you are dealing with can't speak your own language in your own country? I know form personal experience people are a lot more helpful if you "try" to speak to them in their own language, and have a little respect for their culture.

Really, whatever it is that brings less deaths on both sides must be step int he right direction.

Z...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Zeeman said:
I know form personal experience people are a lot more helpful if you "try" to speak to them in their own language, ...
Z...
I don't know....I once asked a clerk in a Canadian store if the price of my purchase was 3 water buffalo, 2 sparrows, and a beaver or if it was 4 sparrows, 2 water buffalo, and a duck. She didn't seem too impressed :idunno: :poke:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Zeeman said:
"how many times do you get pissed off when someone you are dealing with can't speak your own language in your own country?
Z...
Do you REALLY want the answer to that question? :rant:

I agree that it is a good thing that we are sending troops that will be better able to communicate in their country's language.

Now, can we get those that come here to do the same?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts