Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah, it looks that way. Mostly nuts, bolts, etc. I got a replacement fuel pump as I didn’t have much confidence in the one that was on the bike. That’s the part that really hurt $$$.

·
Registered
111 Posts
After much scraping and scrubbing I got the muck and grime out of there. It was pretty rough. I also replaced the old brittle chain slider with a new OEM piece. Somewhere along the line the chain guards disappeared so I will be replacing those as well. Slowly but surely.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
I restored the rearsets and controls to stock configuration. The bike had Vortex rearsets and controls installed but also came with the factory parts. I’m not crazy about the Vortex rear brake setup which doesn’t activate the brake lights. I know that I can add a pressure switch but I would like to keep the bike as stock as possible.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
^^^
Ooh, how I love a sparkling clean bike. :love:

Probably a good move sending forks out. Sure, most of us can re-valve and re-seal, but the pros will see things that we don't.

I'm glad this thread 'resurrection'is going well. But I am going to lower the tone later with pics of a 'soiled' VTR Firestorm/Superhawk I scored yesterday as a 'return to life' project. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have heard good things about the work Kyle does with these forks. They perform a total refurbish with proper springs and valving for the rider’s weight. They will also install new seals on request. I figured since I have the upgraded shock I will also get the forks done as well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
^^^
Ooh, how I love a sparkling clean bike. :love:

Probably a good move sending forks out. Sure, most of us can re-valve and re-seal, but the pros will see things that we don't.

I'm glad this thread 'resurrection'is going well. But I am going to lower the tone later with pics of a 'soiled' VTR Firestorm/Superhawk I scored yesterday as a 'return to life' project. :)
Have at it, I will be interested in seeing this.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Wow, I though you had a batch of caviar in there!:ROFLMAO:

That must have been standing heck of a long time in fluctuating temperatures. I always use Honda Stabiliser, but admit I haven't looked in some of my tanks for a while. I must do so.

Yes, it's all mine. I buy in bulk.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I’m not sure how long it sat, that’s the way it looked when I got it. The RC51 tank has so many folds, nooks , and crannies in it that it took several soakings with the tank in different directions to get the rust out.
I use Startron fuel stabilizer for winter storage. Not for any other reason than it was recommend to me by another rider.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Exhaust is installed. I also did a temporary hookup for electrical power to the bike and turned it on. All pre-start EFI checks are working, fuel pump runs, received oil pressure,low fuel, and neutral lights. Ran a check on run/brake/ turn signal lights and all are working. Getting closer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
. . . DMV is closed due to Covid-19 so getting this thing registered is going to be a pain.
Don't they have an online facility, or do you have to attend in person with the bike for re registration?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here’s the catch, I need to get a temporary registration to take the bike to a test station in order to get a VIN check done (out of state title) to apply for registration. I’m not sure if I can get the temp registration done online, I will research that when I get this thing buttoned up. Too much government red tape.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts