Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I have had major catastrophes with Hermes also. Claimed to have lost a parcel destined for me and was then found in their own distribution centre three weeks' later. Instead of sending to me, like yours, they returned to sender. Had overcharging probs from UPS too. I'll say no more lest I turn this into a rant thread!!:eek:

Now, I prefer to pay a bit more and just use Royal Mail.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well, my parts have finally returned from their world tour, courtesy of the US Postal Service, and now I have fresh gasket and seals in my clutch slave. As soon as the pace at work slows down I will give it a start and change out coolant and oil. If everything holds together and nothing goes bang or leaks, I will put the plastics back on and work on putting it back on the road. Getting there.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got the bike outside today and got it running. Started up and ran with no problems. Changed out the coolant, oil, and filter. Checked the charging voltage, all ok. Took it for a shakedown spin around the neighborhood. Brakes, clutch, shifter all good. Brought it back home, no leaks or drips. Very happy!!
As you can see I have the brolly, now all I need is the brolly girl.,,

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Started to button the bike back up today since it’s miserable and raining outside. Ran all the lighting and everything checked out ok. I changed the anemic lights the bike came to me with for new led lights. I must say it is a major improvement. I really like the Proton running/turn signals in the front. They are extremely bright and the turn signal will catch your attention from a distance.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Don't forget about this older thread (RE posting pics of RCs) either:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Took the bike out today, a glorious day for a ride. The bike ran beautifully, the fuelling with the Dynojet map was excellent, in my opinion. Lots of power everywhere and that wonderful V-twin torque and sound. This bike is definitely a great deal of fun to blast around on, all day smiles. I went for a 185 mile trip up into the Hudson Valley and back. I know I will be a little sore tomorrow from the racer crouch but honestly, I was having so much fun I really don’t care. This will be my therapy bike. Very pleased.

Attachments

81 - 88 of 88 Posts