1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an email from the grandson of a couple at my church. :patriot:

Subject: This was a good day.......

Hello all,
Well I just got back from another mission. This time we were gone for one night and two days. The most happened this time then what happened all year together for my team. But EVERYONE is fine and the all did their jobs like any other professional could do. We went to Ramadi on Oct 5th and conducted a 7 hour patrol of the city with a unit we went to visit. Within those 7 hours, we had 9 significant acts against us. Normally we would just have an IED, mortar, or small arms fire and that would be it, but this time this is what happened.....

1033- Ambushed by 9 insurgents, 50 meters off the road behind trash using grenades and AK-47's, Americans 9, insurgents 1 bullet hit the truck.

1047- 3 mortars into our position.

1142- 2 mortars into our new position.

1213- small arms fire on our convoy, an insurgent shooting out of a tree was taken out

1421- 1 IED hit a Iraqi Army HUMMV, everyone ok

1427- 2 IED's, multiple small arms fire, 3 RPG's, and 2 snipers were shooting at us. This lasted for almost 13 minutes. No Americans were hurt.

1633- Small arms fire and 2 RPG's

1648- 1 IED

1722- 4 Mortars, small arms fire, and 1 RPG.

But after all of this not one American was hurt, Can't say the same for the insurgent's but we know we have 9 less of them and countless more injured or now deceased. But like always I told you all I would tell you what happened and here it is. I am now home safe and looking forward to going out again so we can continue making this place safer. But I will talk with you all later on. Take care. Miss you all.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
"1 bullet hit the truck" :D

May the insurgent's expert marksmanship continue.

Sounds like a wild few hours!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts