Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Libertek...come on... new pics

So, as many of you know about the Libertek F1 relay coming to me with issues, and after waiting 24 hours for a promised phone call, I went the route of email, and finally got a reply from the guy that runs the show up there. He said, send it back, and we will send you a new one pretty much...AND THEN....

I sent it back...FedEx, 2nd day. because I am a player, and I hate to wait for shipping. I then check the tracking number and see that they got it on the 5th of March, I then call them, get the gal, and tell her that I have prood they got it today, and if she could send out the new one that would be great! shes like YUP, no worries I will get it out to you. so I am expecting it any day...right? :thumbd:

Then today (March 15th) I decide to call, and do a check up. The gal (same one) tells me that they got my broken relay today, and that shes going to be sending me one out today...uh...well tomorrow because it's after 2pm.

So I then point out that she could not have got it today, because FedEx's tracking tells me that you got it on the 5th of march...and it was signed for by this "pyle" guy. I give her the tracking number, so that if she has any questions, after she talks with the higher-uppers, she can show them the proof. I then ask her if she can over night the thing to me or something, she said shes going to try to get approval for a 2nd day, because its a lot of $ coming from Canada to the USA. whatever, second day is fine I think to myself. It just burns my cookies that I have to do all this followup in order to get the things I want. its not like I didn't pay 40 some odd bucks to get the thing, then over 20 to ship its broken ass back up there. :rant: I just hate the fact that its like DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH!

Through this whole thing, I hold it together, I have delt with them in the past, and they were seemless. I enjoy their product, and I think its the best out there. just this seems to be a little out of control. I am not the type of person that is going to blow up at anyone for anything, due to the nature of my personality. I find that people that do, do not get anywhere by doing so.

So, I just wanted to share my story of my super kick ass relay that I am still waiting on. right now I am running stock, and it gets me by, but I should not be...after all their directions tell me to cut off my harness for my stock relay, glad I didn't. I simply made pins for it. I did the same thing for the 929, when I had this same product on there. worked like a champ!.

oh well, I have to get back to sitting on my hands...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I have a question since you have just done the undertail. Giving that you have had so many issues (one thing or another) would you still do it all over again. Or would you leave it stock?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would totally do it over again...I like screwing with things anyway, and having them come out good. I guess in some sick and twisted way, I enjoy all the crap that comes up. LOL

Did you see the pics booth? I posted "some pics" in the RC51 area! :)

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
booth23 said:
I have a question since you have just done the undertail. Giving that you have had so many issues (one thing or another) would you still do it all over again. Or would you leave it stock?
Do I smell a pending anti-cosmetic post coming on Booth? ;)

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Nope. Just wondered. I've read a lot of accounts of doing the undertails only to have them ill fit, light issues, etc. Nightmarish install tales, was just curious.

SMTBs, it looks nice, cleans it up nicely :thumb:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
booth23 said:
Nope. Just wondered. I've read a lot of accounts of doing the undertails only to have them ill fit, light issues, etc. Nightmarish install tales, was just curious.
No worries, I too was only curious. They CAN be a bitch to install. I did a Hotbodies piece on my SV (it was hard to fit and the finish was not very durable); a Harris unit on my 954; and I did a HUGE Industries unit on my FZ1 (the HUGE kit is by far and away the finest I've ever seen - personally speaking of course).

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rob from Devil bikes would give you a deal I am sure. Tell him I sent you. I have worked with Rob since Devilbikes started.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Libertek sent out yesterday, 2nd day! :) I have a tracking number, and its on its way! Yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa! hope it works this time! :crap:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I went to the local auto parts store today. I picked up a 3 prong turn signal relay 'non load sensitive' for $12.00. That means it will flash at the same rate whether you unplugged the signals, have leds, connected it to the high beam, whatever. I will have to make 3 short (about 2in. long) leads with blade connectors on the ends and that will be it. Total cost about $15.00. If there was anything wrong with it, they are 5mins away. :)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, those are nice! I am just over anal about things, and I like how I can dial in whatever flash speed i want with this setup.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ND4SPD said:
:rotfl: uknowit

ok boys/gals...here are the pics! LIBERTEK working, and installed! also you can see the room in the trunk after the undertail. still enough room for a whelen strob kit! ;) :) :thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts