Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys do for license plate mounting? Specifically on the 929. The fender eliminator kit on my bike doesn't have a plate mount. When I bought the bike, the guy had it mounted to the swingarm, but over the weekend on a long ride, it flew off.

I've seen things you can attach to the Axel bolt, but I don't like the idea of attaching anything to the axel that isn't designed to go on there.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I would try to fabricate something myself. First with cardboard, and then buy a small offcut of aluminum, shape it, drill a couple of holes and you should find a place to attach.

I have kept the standard fender on mine - and whilst the tail tidy is a cleaner look and I usually have them, For the 929s I haven't.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely looking at going the fabrication route. I was thinking of attaching something to one of the rear footpegs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EEk. It will look like a friggin' Harley Bobber!!:eek: :D
I don't know what that means. I was thinking of running it off the pegs, straight back and then mounting it vertically. Is that a Harley thing?

Now I'm thinking of just buying a mount that attaches below the rear seat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What’s wrong with just mounting it under the tail lights?
Nothing at all. I just don't have a mount for that either. The ones I've seen are huge too and have brackets for turn signals and a bunch of crap I don't need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How interesting! Watching "Euro's" try to communicate with those from the US of A!
OK! Insults over.
Our "Plates" are small too, but that don't stop us mounting them tucked out of the way, out of the air flow, under the seat and tail light where there is wiring for the plate light! DOH!
It's a Blade'! Try holding that "Little Plate" by its mounting holes,in the Air flow at speed!!!??? If your finger and thumb can not hold it? Think how strong the bracket gotta be! Then throw vibration into the equation! Also notice that Honda don't make very much out of "Sheet Aluminium" on its own!
Guessing that your indicators are incorporated in your taillight assembly (the rest of the world don't let you have indicators that close to the centre!) find a cheap $us10 "Tail Tidy" and cut the indicator mounts off!
Easier than making the whole thing your self!
Oh! and by the way! What you saved in weight by throwing out stuff will be way lost by the drag caused by sticking that Little Plate out in the Breeze!
Rubber Down Bubble Up!

·
Registered
58 Posts
You could fabricate it without too much trouble if you have the space and tools. Otherwise buy the ones with the taillight on, then remove the taillight. With a cutting wheel if necessary.😃
Personally I wouldn't do it as it looks like the sort of thing that could sever your foot if it got between the pavement and the bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts