Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harbor Freigh/Sears motorcycle lifts do not work on our bikes.

Seems to be a more and more frequent question that comes up. Maybe not so much here, but have seen it much on other boards.

·
Registered
847 Posts
ND4SPD said:
Harbor Freigh/Sears motorcycle lifts do not work on our bikes.

Seems to be a more and more frequent question that comes up. Maybe not so much here, but have seen it much on other boards.
If you removed the fairings would it work? Looks like you could use it under the exhaust or oil pan if you removed the HTEV and everything past it.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EatnAsphalt said:
If you removed the fairings would it work? Looks like you could use it under the exhaust or oil pan if you removed the HTEV and everything past it.
If you want to remove your whole exhaust. Lifting the bike by the headers(essentially) puts way too much stress on them

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Sounds like removing the exhaust/HTEV would be more trouble than it's worth. Using a rear and front stand is easier. Well, except for the fact that you've still got to sit on the floor.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
Sounds like removing the exhaust/HTEV would be more trouble than it's worth. Using a rear and front stand is easier. Well, except for the fact that you've still got to sit on the floor.
Unless you need to do something with the rear suspension. Then it gets hairy. :( Luckily, a couple of jack-stands worked for the 600RR modification.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Unless you need to do something with the rear suspension. Then it gets hairy. :( Luckily, a couple of jack-stands worked for the 600RR modification.
Hmmm. Yeah, true. When I installed my rear shock I used jackstands under my rigid-mount rearsets. On HondaGal's bike, which didn't have the rigid footpegs, we ran a crowbar through the subframe and supported it on two sawhorses. :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Or steering head work. When DK put the Ohlins shock on my bike he used a little scissor jack under the htev, but as soon as it was up slide a rod through the swingarm pivot and used jackstands.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts