Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, did a search and can't find it brought up before so here's the topic.

Light Sensitive Helmet shields- fact or fiction? Do they exist or are they a mythical being that we desire but will never be allowed to posess?

I have a buddy that has a really nice set of MX goggles that are light sensitive and darken in the day and lighten as it gets dark.

Prescription glasses have had this available for decades.

So, does the motorcycle industry make them? Anyone ever seen them? Used them? Know where to find them if they exist?????

I have wondered about for a couple years but never had it pop in my head while I was actually sitting at the computer until now....

Any and all info is appreciated if it leads me to owning a shield of this nature.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Even if there was just a film that you could put in front of your eyes that would be clear/dark when appropriate. That way you wouldn't have the problem of making numerous shields.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
NewVenom said:
Swedish Company that must be pretty close to showing us a product.

http://www.chromogenics.se/visor_eng.htm
I so hope that that is a workable item, and it is fairly priced.

I had prescription glasses with the night/day lenses, but it doesn't actually get very dark, in fact, I found that I had to take them off and put on a real pair of sunnies because they just did not block anywhere near enough light. Hopefully, this technology will be a good 'un...

Z...

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
For now, Fog City makes one thats pretty good. The ProGrip one sucks, its thick and scratches when the wind blows.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I don't know if you have tried the High Definition shield but its awesome. I bought one last year for my Shoei (maybe only company that has it) and am happy with it. It really does make your vision "high-def". Everything you see through it has sharp edges. It works great at night too. Ive never seen anybody with one for some reason.

·
Registered
71 Posts
There's a company trying to market their own helmet versions with photochromatic changing shields right now. Apparently none of the major manufacturers jumped o nthe bandwagon and bought the idea or the product, so they are now going to put out their own line with some airbrushed graphics. Looks like their helmets are all based on existing designs made by one or more Chinese helmet manufacturers.

They have started a couple threads in the safety equipment section on www.r6mn.com. Won't be good for riding through dark lit tunnels, as it takes a few minutes to change phases, not too dark either, but looks promising anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts