Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered some lightech sliders for the 1000RR from OPP RACING I hope that they fit like the valtermoto ones I have seen on the net, they sure look the part. They were $200 canadain plus $14 for shipping and should be here by the end of the week if all goes well :thumb: I will post up some pics and a fitment review, no crash tests, sorry

On another not any one want to donate some money so I can get some of the fancy carbon parts they have on their site? they sure would look purdy on there :D I have been thinking about a front fender and a rear hugger but, that stuff will have to wait for now :thumbd:

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Re: Just ordered some lightech sliders

I would suggest running them in combination with another slider like a shogun. The no-cuts look pretty but can cause as much damage as they prevent. Trust me I'm speaking from experience.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

phobiaphobe said:
I would suggest running them in combination with another slider like a shogun. The no-cuts look pretty but can cause as much damage as they prevent. Trust me I'm speaking from experience.

I know what you are trying to get across but have a close look at the lightech sliders, they are a LOT different then most of the no cut ones out there, they are in a triangle shape and the bracket looks to rest/brace again the frame...Looks to be almost the same as the really expensive Valtermoto ones. I will see how they fit and if I am not pleased then I will be hacking into the plastic and installing some sato sliders.

As for the carbon...I wish I could but for now, I am just going to ignore that stuff before I do something stupid :D I will check them out though TGZ :thumb:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well they are here...in just over a two days :thumb: big thumbs up for that...they look very nice, but the only problem is that I really wanted to go for a ride tonight and instead I have to spend it pulling apart and cleaning my bike :p could be worse I guess. I will be sure to post pics(now that I have my camera back :D ) and a fitment review when I get them on tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Another quick question about these does any one know which side needs the bigger spacer...there are no instructions and I would hate to strip a bolt.

Mind you I maybe able to tell once I get the factory bolts out :idunno:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I finally got my sliders installed tonight and my finding are as follows..they look as if they will hold up very well in a crash as they are VERY solid and fit quite well. They don't stick out very far from he fairing at all which means that in the event of a small get off there will need to be some plastic replaced but in the even of a larger mishap, things should be good(I am hoping that I NEVER need them)

for those of you who are looking at installing similar ones(valermoto's), I put the larger spacer on the left hand side of the bike it seemed to fit best there?

All in all, I am very happy with the looks and fit of the lightech sliders and as well as the level of service I received from OPP racing :thumb:

now for the pics, enjoy

Also, I have an extra part after all of my installation is complete :rolleyes: it is a little piece of plastic and I cannot figure out where it fits back on? I beleive that it came from the right hand side of the bike? it is the little piece of plastic that is pictured on the lawn chair...any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah and don't say anything about the chicken strips on my new tires, it's too cold and too sandy to really have at it yet :D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
They look good, not that noticeable which I like. Hopefully you'll never have to test them out. As for the part, can't help you as I don't have a 1000RR. Maybe if I get to ride one Saturday I will be able to help you out at that time!! :D

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Look nice. I think I may end up getting them... Their web site says the large spacer goes on the left so looks like you figured that out for yourself.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
phobiaphobe said:
Nice chicken strips you pussy.
this coming from the guy who still has ringing in his ears and blurry vision :D ...still too much crap on the roads around here for any fun...maybe I'll post up some pics when I get back from the gap at the end of may :evilaugh: they should be "better" by then.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
soon2b954 said:
Maybe if I get to ride one Saturday I will be able to help you out at that time!! :D
Are you coming out for a ride with us on saturday? I am normally pretty good about others riding my bike, as long as they have a little "backing" ad are decent riders.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Northern RR said:
Are you coming out for a ride with us on saturday? I am normally pretty good about others riding my bike, as long as they have a little "backing" ad are decent riders.
Everything still a go? Do you have a route planned?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As far as I know we will be meeting at the colosus on highway 7 just off of the 400 at noon. I don't know where we are planning on going, but I am up for anything, I need to get out for a ride.

Some one had mentioned forks of the credit? I have never been, I have also heard that it is slipery at the best of times, but then again I don't plan on behaving like an idiot anyways, so that should not matter.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Northern RR said:
As far as I know we will be meeting at the colosus on highway 7 just off of the 400 at noon. I don't know where we are planning on going, but I am up for anything, I need to get out for a ride.

Some one had mentioned forks of the credit? I have never been, I have also heard that it is slipery at the best of times, but then again I don't plan on behaving like an idiot anyways, so that should not matter.
If you want to hit the Forks I know of some nice backroads to get there. We can also hit Snake Rd if you want? We'll chat on Saturday, see what everybody wants to do.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds good, I am really due to get out for a good tour :thumb: I hope that the weather man is not lying, 22 would be nice :thumb:
See you there on saturday.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts