Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy different bulbs for my bike to brighten everything up, any sugestions, also what bulb does the 929 take

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Phillips Vision Plus bulbs do a very nice job of lighting things up without the hype of the "blue" or fake zenon bulbs. The 929 takes H7 bulbs, btw.

The next and way more expensive step would be a true HID system.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Look on ebay. I picked up a pair of H7 super white bulbs for $20 shipped to my door. They are around 7000k, and really look like Philips HID. They are retina burning for sure.

If I had extra $ I would do the HID conversion, but I am cheap like that.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
So a 7000K they are bluer than the sky... I hope you don't plan to do much riding at night or worse yet night and with moisture on the road.

BTW. If anyone would like some 100W blue fashion bulbs I still have a pair (with less than 1 hour of use) sitting on myworkbench..

Suitable for targets or stuntaz.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sorry, I meant 5000k. They are not Chuck Norris in Delta Force blue.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
ViciousRR said:
Look on ebay. I picked up a pair of H7 super white bulbs for $20 shipped to my door. They are around 7000k, and really look like Philips HID. They are retina burning for sure.

If I had extra $ I would do the HID conversion, but I am cheap like that.
Can you explain the properties of the temp to colour??

is it the higher the number...the more blue the output is???

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
This page has an excellent example of color/temperature relationships.

Kelvin

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much are the hid kits and are those even legal, not that I care but I thought I heard that somewhere

·
Registered
259 Posts
Their is talk that the USA is going to make them illegal for aftermarket application. I have read you can see up to 300% better than regular headlights.

I have seen them from $449 on up, but I would'nt trust ebay for those. They sell some cheap azz HID kits but don't buy them.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I put in PIAA's x-treme whites. Definitely a great way to go if you can find them. They're not legal in the US, so it's tough to find companies that import them.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
jayd929rr said:
How much are the hid kits and are those even legal, not that I care but I thought I heard that somewhere
You can find some decent kits from Phillips for around $400-500 these days...the prices have been dropping. When I originally bought mine from Baja Designs a couple of years ago they were $700 a pair.
The light output is absolutely incredible. Nothing like it.

As far as being legal...check with your DMV if you're curious. I never had a problem but I had mine on the high beam locations anyway so they got shut off with any oncoming traffic. My theory was that if car manufacturers were putting them in as OEM equip they shouldn't be illegal.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Alright.. if we are going to take this down the road of HID and retrokits then you will want to check out this website:

AutoLight FAQ

And there was a pretty good discussion on this board about this topic as well: Ack.. looks like they are down right now..

Edit:
PS the problem with the links is the dialog is now reversed. Title first, then URL (not the way it was before)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts