Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : Quote (stegen @ June 03 2003, 10:20pm)Not a baseball fan so i have to ask, why would that matter??
I'm no expert, but my common sense tells me that it lightens the bat, and makes the ball bounce off the bat harder

I hope he gets fined for that bigtime, that's just not right
Bingo. Head speed and rebound characteristics are improved

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Baseball players are a bunch of overpaid, overweight, whining assholes. I quit watching many years ago the first time they went on strike. I hope Sosa wears a scarlet letter for life.

MAIATAOYBF = My apologies in advance to all of you baseball fans, sorta.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah - he siad he uses it to put a 'show' on for the fans. now they are saying (USA TOday) that the cork actually reduces the travel distance of the ball

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : Anyone else hear the claim that he said that it was his 'practice bat'??
They examined 77 of his bats after this incident. Not a single f*cking one had cork. So it appears he is telling the truth, that he used it in practice only for the fans. A lighter bat will help the hitter and help Sammy slam practice home runs in batting practice for the fans. As always, the media has made a big deal out of $hit.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
He's been in a power slump since May 1, and most of his peers say it's preposterous that he would get the bats confused. His reputation is shot, which is a shame. Using a corked bat is cheating, and he got busted. Now every time he hits a home run, people will wonder. If it was a mistake, it's a pretty stupid one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts