Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i had the bike jacked up under the frame i noticed some freeplay in the swingarm(1mm). It was noticeable by lifting the rear of the swingarm up and then releasing it. It seemed to be in the linkages, as everything else in the rear end checked out.
Is this normal?

Also is it possible a new road tyre(pilot power) could be faulty, like a dodgy compound? :idunno:

Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
738 Posts
CBRBob said:
You are really worrying about 1mm of freeplay?
MAn you need to fly a Sikorsky S-76 Helicopter someday! Then You'll know about vibration Let Alone 1mm FREEPLAY! On Rotating Scissors We don't Worry till .045" then we just check that every 25hrs flt time Till we get it re-bushed! 1 MM HA :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
723 Posts
KJ's RR said:
MAn you need to fly a Sikorsky S-76 Helicopter someday! Then You'll know about vibration Let Alone 1mm FREEPLAY! On Rotating Scissors We don't Worry till .045" then we just check that every 25hrs flt time Till we get it re-bushed! 1 MM HA :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
1mm = .039"

But the king of bad tolerances: my Chevy. Yet it still runs "like new" (which doesn't mean much) :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
When mine was MOT'ed this year, the tester commented on about 1mm lift at the rear wheel.
When i rang the dealer to get some prices for the bearings and seals in the linkage, he said alot of them come from the factory with more lift than that and as long as the action is smooth and the bearings lubed don't worry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts