Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this is already posted elsewhere.

It is really interesting, and not what I was expecting;

"***************"

OK....so we are not allowed to quote other sites even though in doing so it promotes them? What gives?

Anyway the site is the generic term for all things with an engine and 2 wheels (ie. motorcycle) and dot com (ie. . com)

·
Registered
179 Posts
lol.. my favorite part is how this forum water marks every picture you try to show and cant show pictures from hosting sites! lolllll

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
lol.. my favorite part is how this forum water marks every picture you try to show and cant show pictures from hosting sites! lolllll
I have no problem with the watermarking.
Somebody pays to run this site so the very least you can do is give them credit for hosting your pics for free.

No idea about the link blocking but I had the same problem last week with Dunlop's website - really weird.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was happy to see the honda on top this year in the motorcycle dot com liter bike shootout. they had a lot of good things to say about it. I was surprised with the dyno numbers for the bikes. they looked lower than I thought they would be. like 10 hp lower than other dynos. I guess thats why they say my 929 makes 120-130 because it looks like the new 1000rr makes 150-160

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have always thought the watermarking was weird. I mean it's my pic right? I'm gonna start adding my own watermark!

not being able to link from hosting sights makes even less sense!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I have always thought the watermarking was weird. I mean it's my pic right? I'm gonna start adding my own watermark!

not being able to link from hosting sights makes even less sense!
I'm not aware of any problem linking.
I've linked to photobucket and youtube with no problems.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

ok so what's your secret, cause img codes don't work. I'm talking about using
so the pic shows in the post, not providing a link to the pic. That's just silly!
Why would I want to waste this forum owners bandwidth by re-posting a pic that's already hosted somewhere else?
If I want to post something that I don't already have on Photobucket I'll include it as an attachment.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Why would I want to waste this forum owners bandwidth by re-posting a pic that's already hosted somewhere else?
If I want to post something that I don't already have on Photobucket I'll include it as an attachment.
because that's the whole purpose of hosting pics somewhere else. It doesn't affect the forum owner one way or another. Attaching pics on the other hand, does!

It also makes much more sense to look at a pic in the post and not have to link to it! lol

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
because that's the whole purpose of hosting pics somewhere else. It doesn't affect the forum owner one way or another. Attaching pics on the other hand, does!

It also makes much more sense to look at a pic in the post and not have to link to it! lol
If you can see the pic full-size in the post then it doesn't matter whether it's hosted elsewhere or not - it's still wasting the site owners money on bandwidth.
Or are you saying that the picture in the post is actually streamed directly from the host site to my computer instead of to the actual Fireblades page I'm looking at?

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you can see the pic full-size in the post then it doesn't matter whether it's hosted elsewhere or not - it's still wasting the site owners money on bandwidth.
Or are you saying that the picture in the post is actually streamed directly from the host site to my computer instead of to the actual Fireblades page I'm looking at?
dude :rotfl: evvvvery other forum lets you host from other sites, you act like its a mistake. i host from my own site, because my pictures are copyrighted by me. theres no way in hell i'm going to let fireblades put there meat hooks into my picture..

btw since you dont have any problems hosting pictures from somewhere else, why havent you shown us yet.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
dude :rotfl: evvvvery other forum lets you host from other sites, you act like its a mistake. i host from my own site, because my pictures are copyrighted by me. theres no way in hell i'm going to let fireblades put there meat hooks into my picture..

btw since you dont have any problems hosting pictures from somewhere else, why havent you shown us yet.
I'm not suggesting it's a mistake and I don't use other forums so I don't know what others do. Surely it's a decision that's entirely up to the guy that's paying the bills?

What pictures do you want to see exactly?
I have 686 photos and 42 videos on Photobucket and 54 videos on Youtube.

That's a link directly to a Photobucket pic.
In the attachment menu I just put the picture URL in.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
see post 15.
You mentioned copywrite but putting somebody's logo on it doesn't damage your copywrite on it.
And you mention them putting their meathooks into your picture which makes no sense either. If you don't want the world to see your pictures maybe you shouldn't put them online?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts