Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon warmed up a bit (to around 45-50), so I took her for one final spin. Loaded up the van for a trip in the morning. Yep, sold my 954. It's a really odd feeling, as I haven't ridden it much and don't get much enjoyment from riding on the streets anymore, but sitting there looking at it this way is almost sad. It's such a perty bike, and I'd like to keep it, but it is hard to justify owning a bike that never gets ridden.
Anyway, I'm just venting here because it almost feels like I'm taking a pet to be put down in the morning. I'm sure the new owner will treat it well (and will be telling you all about it shortly).
Goodbye to the stars 'n' stripes.

·
Registered
329 Posts
On to bigger and better R1s Huh BDA !!!!! :cheers2: :cycle: :highclap:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
You had by far the best looking 954 there is BDA!! The dude who bought it is pretty freaking lucky to get a bike that sweet without having to put all the time you did!

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
:crap: Ahhh dude... That is too sad. Hope the new owner (a .org member perhaps?) treats her well. That is a beautiful bike :yumyum:

What's next? :eyebrows:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
BDA

I totally know how you feel. I am going on day 4 after the bike sold. I gets easier to deal with as time passes.

You thinking what I am thinking? Cheap 600. Like a fat chick, pick it up real easy, treat it like crap, ride it hard and toss it aside when you are done.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Ahhh too bad man that was one good looking blade. :(

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the kind words all.
I'm on my way now to meet with the new owner. He is a new member to the .org, so I'm sure there will still be pics floating around.
I'm not replacing it with another bike for the street yet, but may down the road.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
That think will make an awesome looking stunt bike..... :nod:

Bash the tank in, add some bigass sliders, a shorty can, and a 12-Oh bar.....some leopard fur to cover up that Earl Scheib paintjob disaster......and presto......Schwiiiiiingg!!!!!!!!!

J/K

:rasp:

Been there done that on getting rid of toys....it can suck, but it just opens the door for bigger and better things... :thumb:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Condolances on the sale. I know how it goes.. sold my dirtbikes and a few other things.. just needed to leanout the toybox. It's fun to have stuff but for me I actually get stressed out (feel bad I guess) when I have toys that don't get used (one of the reason my boat and Jeep are also for sale).

Onward and upward... I think I see another FZ1 owner in the works.. or maybe a Silverwing? :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
That is one great looking bike. I think it would hurt more to sell a bike that is soooo custom in looks like yours. It has YOU written all over it, you patriotic bastard you! :D

The good news is that getting rid of one toy only makes room for a new and improved toy! :nod:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That was a long trip. The buyer lives in SoCal, and we met in Vegas to do the exchange. It wasn't a bad drive, just long.
He should be very accustomed to it by now, and will chime in eventually I assume.
Everyone does realize that the whole R1 thing with Booth and I is just a big joke, right? We started it due to another member's constant talk of how great he and his R1 were.
Anyway, I would never buy a bike that ugly. That goes for the FZ-1, too (Sorry Chain, I just don't like the looks).
I'll still ride sport bikes on the track, but my next streetbike will be something more like a Goldwing.

I need some sleep.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Best damn looking bike on this site. I hope the new owner takes care of that paint job. Hope you stick around, BDA.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm the new owner!!! I drove it home from Vegas, bike ran awesome! I was too excited to use the internet last 24 hours, I've been riding the thing. Hehe. :D

Bike is truly sweet. The pictures don't do it justice, it is really perfect. The paint is Awesome! Don't worry, I will take care of it. :) Had lots of time on 954's this one is very strong and in excellent condition.

I hope you don't mind I'm using the pics you took originally for now, until I can get some video and pics taken soon. Thanks a bunch for meeting me half way BDA!
:cheers:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm local to the fun in the sun. :) I told B I had a digi setup for when I get back, and he wanted me to snap as much as I could. It is fantastic in person! I wouldn't change a thing. There's a nice Edwards pic over there than shows the resemblance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts