Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the day, if I was traveling, I could borrow a bike in just about any city. I had spent years on the 900RR news group and made friends (or at least acquaintances) all around the country. If I had a business trip, I'd ask if anyone had a bike to borrow and sure enough, there one was.

Anyone coming to Minneapolis/St. Paul could use one of my rides when they came here. I always made sure to have a nice bike with beat up bodywork available so I could loan it without concern.

What's the chance of cultivating that type of relationship with the FireBlades or RC51 forum? Are we still a society of free love or is it too hard to trust people with your ride now days?

Heading to Los Angeles area 10/12 to 10/15 for a seminar on embedded processors and development tools but I'll be stuck in the hotel all week. Anyone want to meet up? I'll bring some copies of my book to hand out if there's interest.

Motorcycle Track Day Handbook by Kent Larson:
https://books.google.com/books?id=gg1LM967OhMC&pg=PA0&lpg=PA0&dq=motorcycle+track+day+handbook#v=onepage&q=motorcycle track day handbook&f=false

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
What's the chance of cultivating that type of relationship with the FireBlades or RC51 forum? Are we still a society of free love or is it too hard to trust people with your ride now days?
id=gg1LM967OhMC&pg=PA0&lpg=PA0&dq=motorcycle+track+day+handbook#v=onepage&q=motorcycle%20track%20day%20handbook&f=false[/url]
My read is that it is more possible now than in the past. You just have to know how to ask

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My read is that it is more possible now than in the past. You just have to know how to ask
Thanks for the input.
I am _not_ asking for a bike now. Once I am known to everyone and make some friends, I'll give asking the right way a try; if I can figure that out.

Anyone around from the old 900RR list?
Anyone remember me from when I was control riding for NESBA, or racing with the CRA, CCS, FUSA?

Later,
Kent Larson in Minnesota
(I ran across another Kent Larson that lives out East and was a motorcycle road racer. If you ever meet a Kent Larson road racer that wasn't fast, I'm sure it was him not me. :smilebig:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts