Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a local 03' 954 with about 6k miles the person is asking 4k for it. Says he just wants the payout on the loan...good deal or no?

·
Registered
296 Posts
depends on condition, but if its all good, then I would say good deal, Mine had 5600 miles on it and I got it for 5500. BUt came with PC and SATOs

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not salvage for sure good clean title and all...although i still have to go take a look if all is good that will be my newest addition.

·
Registered
685 Posts
that's a damn good deal if it's in nice shape.The book value is well over that.Book on my 01 929 is around $5700,so that just gives you an idea how much higher the 954 will be. :plus1:

·
Registered
59 Posts
yeah that sounds like a killer deal! I just got my 954 and I paid 5500 for mine.
02 with 4900 miles... in very good condition. guy was asking 6800
Nice forum by the way, glad I found it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah thats a great steal. I got my 03 954 for 2500 back in November 06. Guy was asking 3000 for it. Guess u can say cash talked on that deal, LoL. Mileage was just over 3700..Heres a few pics when i got it (Gold) and now that ive remodeled it (blue)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/dirtysouth225/HPIM0491.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/dirtysouth225/HPIM0740.jpg

PS: U will love the bike when u get it. And its also different, u dont see 100 of them at bike nights like u do the Slozuki GSXR...=-)

·
Registered
34 Posts
ReSpEcT- it's no wonder you got such a good deal on that 954...the gold scheme was horrible! Looks 10000x better after you swapped it to blue/black! $2500 for a 954 with only 3700 miles is beyond ridiculous...that's less than half of what it's worth.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I agree!!! I paid 7 for mine just a month ago and it has 7 thousand miles on it but i knew the previous owner it was an older man and this bike was well maintained and plus i got a year honda warrentee with it so if i blow it up i am covered for now. LOL So yeah 4 if its in good shape JUMP ON IT! I love my bike btw.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL settle down guys the person is offshore for another 3 weeks i don't have a definate on it yet...appearently he offered it to one of my riding buddies and since i'm a fireblade freak he (my pal) offered the purchase to me...it all sounds great...they both work together so i'm assuming its a done deal when they get back. The guy bought it for his ex who missed payments etc so he grabbed it back and wants the payoff he had to put towards it...fingers crossed on this one cause its a great deal imo. Soon as i know whats up i'll post pics etc here for all to ooohhh and aaa over :smilebig: my riding bud likes Suzuki's and he wants to get a 1000 since his track bike is a 750. If this works out like i hope it does then i'll owe this pal of mine big time. BTW my wife is freaking out about it saying what's wrong with your bike...etc...etc...I'm gonna get it if it all looks and sounds good.

·
Registered
198 Posts
ReSpEcT- it's no wonder you got such a good deal on that 954...the gold scheme was horrible! Looks 10000x better after you swapped it to blue/black! $2500 for a 954 with only 3700 miles is beyond ridiculous...that's less than half of what it's worth.
Yeah i'd say the blue/black is much better myself. But it did cost a little bit of money to make it blue/black european style, LoL. The gold was nicknamed "bassboat" by all my fellow riders. I just never got a chance to run it in the water though, LMAO...=-)

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Yeah i'd say the blue/black is much better myself. But it did cost a little bit of money to make it blue/black european style, LoL. The gold was nicknamed "bassboat" by all my fellow riders. I just never got a chance to run it in the water though, LMAO...=-)

thing deserved to be at the bottom of the ocean with that paint on it. glad you did right by it. the blue was always my favorite 954 color. the yellow is sweet too but I probably wouldn't like it as much if we had it in the US.

·
Registered
39 Posts
LOL settle down guys the person is offshore for another 3 weeks i don't have a definate on it yet...appearently he offered it to one of my riding buddies and since i'm a fireblade freak he (my pal) offered the purchase to me...it all sounds great...they both work together so i'm assuming its a done deal when they get back. The guy bought it for his ex who missed payments etc so he grabbed it back and wants the payoff he had to put towards it...fingers crossed on this one cause its a great deal imo. Soon as i know whats up i'll post pics etc here for all to ooohhh and aaa over :smilebig: my riding bud likes Suzuki's and he wants to get a 1000 since his track bike is a 750. If this works out like i hope it does then i'll owe this pal of mine big time. BTW my wife is freaking out about it saying what's wrong with your bike...etc...etc...I'm gonna get it if it all looks and sounds good.
You dont want to upset your wife so you should let me buy it!:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Something that was brought to my attention while chatting with the local Honda dealer about a CBR1000RR that I’ve had my eye on...I mentioned the 954 and how much of a good deal it was. I had forgotten that my pal told me the sprockets had gotten rusty from misuse or un-use the dealer said to be careful and check for water damage :crying: it could be that the bike had damage during the last hurricane ... Katrina I think it was anyway hopefully that is not the case but I’m going to give it the once over really well before I do anything. Anything else you guys can think of to look for as well?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts