Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I went up one tooth on the rear sprocket for my 94 CBR900 and it's just right now, so I wanted to do that again. Thing is, I phoned David Silver spares which is where I thought I had gone before, but the guy on the phone has now put doubt in my mind as to the length of the chain.

When I installed it last time it seemed fine, but I now can't remember whether I had to get a longer chain or not. I mean one tooth is hardly lands end to john ogroats. Can anyone confirm that the standard chain will fit a one up on the rear tooth please?

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Last year I went up one tooth on the rear sprocket for my 94 CBR900 and it's just right now, so I wanted to do that again. Thing is, I phoned David Silver spares which is where I thought I had gone before, but the guy on the phone has now put doubt in my mind as to the length of the chain.

When I installed it last time it seemed fine, but I now can't remember whether I had to get a longer chain or not. I mean one tooth is hardly lands end to john ogroats. Can anyone confirm that the standard chain will fit a one up on the rear tooth please?
itll fit. a standard chain will typically accommodate a -1+2 so i would think itd fit a +1 just fine.

i guess an easy way to know without any doubt is count the links on your current chain.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one mate, yes that would be the logical thing to do, Thanks very much for your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts