Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
. . . Nigel is going to need 2 tarpaulin bike covers, but which 2 bikes will be outside?
The RR4 is already traded on the 2020 RR-R, and signed over to the dealership so I could maximise my trade-in price. Still means that I am one space short. Will have to leave the 929 Erion outside, UNLESS I can reconfigure my lounge room to accommodate one more. Might have a front wheel partly obliterating my TV, so not the ideal situation, but hey, life has its challenges!!:grin

No real problem with a 'tarped' bike outside during summer but certainly not ideal for our winters. Even preparations like ACF 50 might not combat alloy corrosion, and once lower forks and engine covers become mottled, as we have seen, there is not6 a lot that can be done to reverse the cancer.:frown

·
Registered
378 Posts
The RR4 is already traded on the 2020 RR-R, and signed over to the dealership so I could maximise my trade-in price.
Aha! I had missed that. :thumb:

Still means that I am one space short. Will have to leave the 929 Erion outside,
NoooooOOOOOO! Surely not?!? :eek:

UNLESS I can reconfigure my lounge room to accommodate one more. Might have a front wheel partly obliterating my TV, so not the ideal situation, but hey, life has its challenges!!:grin
Hahahahaha!

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,526 Posts
Ian, Did you notice how the house was full before the 765, and now there is a CBR-RRRRRR turning up as well?

Nigel is going to need 2 tarpaulin bike covers, but which 2 bikes will be outside?
I struggle through life with 2 bikes over 20 years old with CARBS, I couldn't possibly fathom experiencing the joy that Nigel has when he goes quid crazy and buys bikes on whims. I don't even know how to start a bike without pulling a choke knob :grin

I would leave the F4 and the NS outside, good paperweights :devil

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
The RR4 is already traded on the 2020 RR-R, and signed over to the dealership so I could maximise my trade-in price. Still means that I am one space short. Will have to leave the 929 Erion outside, UNLESS I can reconfigure my lounge room to accommodate one more. Might have a front wheel partly obliterating my TV, so not the ideal situation, but hey, life has its challenges!!:grin

No real problem with a 'tarped' bike outside during summer but certainly not ideal for our winters. Even preparations like ACF 50 might not combat alloy corrosion, and once lower forks and engine covers become mottled, as we have seen, there is not6 a lot that can be done to reverse the cancer.:frown
Can’t you rent a garage, I used to rent a large double with power for £80 a month.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can’t you rent a garage, I used to rent a large double with power for £80 a month.
I do make frequent looks through local papers and internet, but nothing in my locale. Storage centres are extraordinarily dear for what is often no more than a shipping container with NO power. Of course I could put small solar panels on the top for battery tenders, but would obviously need heating in winter.

Such is my love for my 'hobby' I'd rather live like a hoarder than sacrifice a/some bikes. But thanks @Gunk, you have inspired me once again to search again. Security is always going to be a problem though, as is increased insurance premiums cos of the bikes being 'off site'.

Best option is to put myself out there for one of those Chelsea Cougars with the 8-bedroom mansion and 5-car garage (with attached stables) to snap me up!!:smile

1 - 13 of 13 Posts