Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The 636 is wrecked pretty hard, cracks in the frame.

Auto part Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior

Th engine runs pretty well, it seems to have a slight knock which i will sort out starting this evening. The forks look straight, weird, since the front was mashed.

Its got 11k miles.

Price: $300 :rotfl::rotfl:

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
Glad you added "me being that cat".. All my cat brings home is dead half eaten mice and birds :crap:

Good project for $300 :thumb:

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
:D Probably not.

Still sweet cats hunt in urban areas.
My female cat is a bugger for bringing home 'pressies' especially when the new baby birds are fledging so I got her a cat collar with a bell to give the birds a sporting chance to escape..

Anyhooo.. back to your new bike.. What are your plans for her..

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha a bell, she must be pissed!

The current plans are these;
See what the knock is about, the fuel is ancient, so hopefully its that, not a bearing.

If the motor is good, the plan is to get a frame, swap it over, dress her entirely in race fairings and do custom projectors to make it street legal.

·
Premium Member
9,087 Posts
:hmm: A half eaten mouse or bird with it's guts hanging out on my door step.. What do you think????
:crap: best I dispose of the squshed badger I just bought home for you as a gift

Price: $300 :rotfl::rotfl:
:eek: we'd be lucky to get a box of parts for that price.....:D

·
Registered
342 Posts
yeah parting it out is definately an option.

does anyone is good way to check fork straightness?

The seem straight, compress and rebound fine, no leaks either.
06-07 HONDA CBR1000RR FRONT FORKS cbr 1000rr 1000 rr : eBay Motors (item 390163888425 end time Mar-10-10 16:14:13 PST)

build a stand like that with a runout guage, all you do is place the fork in one like you see in the pic, set up your runout guage and your good to go. your local bike shop may be able to do that for you if your not up to the task of building your own. anything below .01 runout i would consider usable but thats erring on the side of caution

another thing you can do, with the either fork leg removed from the bike and triple tree assembly, so its just the fork leg with nothing else attached. unscrew the top cap to relieve the spring. then move the fork (via the upper/outer tube withthe lower/inner tube stationary) up and down on its entire travel. if its bent you will feel a tight spot or it will get stuck somewhere along the travel. dont be alarmed if one direction has more resistance then the other in general. that is normal as long as the resistance is consistent along the entire travel.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Alright, I ran the bike today.

The gauge illuminated the oil symbol, which i imagine is no oil pressure.

The bike ran on all 4 cyls, yet the oil was cold when i drained it

I thought it may be a clogged oil filter, so i did a change of fluids all around and got a new oil filter.

Ran it, still, oil light

Along with it, and much worse, this knocking. I recorded it and wanted to get some opinions. My main question; is this the sound of a spun bearing??

Kawi :: Knock.flv video by Burtonf166 - Photobucket

Also, check out these pics.

Auto part Pipe Engine Automotive engine part

View attachment 41291
View attachment 41292
View attachment 41293

·
Registered
342 Posts
knock knock?
does that engiine have external oil lines like the ZX6? i would check to see if it inst pinched.

I agree with Sideshow Bob, check your oilpump. i would also drop the oilpan. 1. to check for metal fragments
2. to do a quick inspection of what you can see of the engine/transmission
3. to check the oil pickup and screen

if there is a problem then it shouldn't be hard to spot and any fragments you find at the bottom of that oilpan can help clue you in on what condition that engine is in

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I drained the oil, but have yet to run through a sieve to catch any metal bits, i will asap.

Ill remove the oil pump and look into it, just need to find it, i have a manual for the bike so ill do some reading.

thank you, ill try to resolve the oil issue today.

But the sound, i fear that the bike was run without oil circulation, spinning a bearing.

Ive read that the cct on these are loud, and need replacement much sooner than 929s for example, still, a cct is a tick tick tick, not a knocking

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.