1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the links. I will try have a look at this book but I will keep searching for the wiring diagram online.

The 94 has 1 turn signal on the speedometer but the 95 has dual left and right lights. I am just trying to install an alarm with remote start :thumb:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Cheers for the links. I will try have a look at this book but I will keep searching for the wiring diagram online.

The 94 has 1 turn signal on the speedometer but the 95 has dual left and right lights. I am just trying to install an alarm with remote start :thumb:
Just go to the library and take a photo of the page and you'll have it online, it's really not that hard - and you get to go for a ride as well :)
I can't see why it matters how many lights are on the dash?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The colour of the cables are different and I need to splice in some wires to the indicators.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
The colour of the cables are different and I need to splice in some wires to the indicators.
Use a multimeter to see which wire is live with the indicators on.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I don't have one and if I did I wouldn't really know what to do with it...
:)
Are you anywhere near Cannington?
I'm absolutely hopeless with electrics but I use a multimeter every day.
Can't imagine trying to do anything electrical without one :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am in South Guildford. It's not just those 2 wires I need to hook up. I have another 10 wires to attach...

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I am in South Guildford. It's not just those 2 wires I need to hook up. I have another 10 wires to attach...
Have fun with that then :)
I put an immobiliser in one of our cars last year and I would've been completly lost with being able to find live wires and which ones had continuity when switched on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the help. I will go to the library tomorrow and check it out. If that fails I will just pop over to my mechanic friends house and he should know what to do.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Thanks for the help. I will go to the library tomorrow and check it out. If that fails I will just pop over to my mechanic friends house and he should know what to do.
If you get stuck, Mark at Maddington Motorcycle Wreckers is an electrics genius :)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I went to the library yesterday and got a copy of the wiring diagram. When I find a scanner that isn't broken I will upload it for others to use.

The alarm is working. Just got to install the remote start then I am done :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a question bout my 929 rr last weekend i went for a ride turn the bike of the nekst day it wouldnt start it turns ower but when i turn the ignition on the fuel pump doesnt come on i removed the fuel pum and tested it direct on the batery and it works fine any ideas ???? thanx

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
i have a question bout my 929 rr last weekend i went for a ride turn the bike of the nekst day it wouldnt start it turns ower but when i turn the ignition on the fuel pump doesnt come on i removed the fuel pum and tested it direct on the batery and it works fine any ideas ???? thanx
Do you use the kill switch to stop the engine regularly?
They are known to fail so try bypassing that first. The kill switch is only for emergency use, not every day use.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts