Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So hey guys wassup iv been looking around for a helmet i kinda found a helmet i want i was wondering if you guys think its a good helmet and if i should consider looking into another helmet?

IS-17 Helmet

let me know what you guys think please need some feedback asap!!!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
You will want to try it on and play with it. Trust me. The fitment is the most important factor (other than safety) because it will be on your noggin for long periods of time. There are tons of websites that guide you to knowing how to tell if it is properly sized. It should feel pretty darn tight and make your cheeks puff like a chipmunk a bit. Shake your head and you should get very very little movement. Etc. etc...
I mean it looks fairly nice, just like anything else around that price range. There are also tons of reviews on different forums or review sites that will tell you if it is really loud or quiet or falls apart, or fogs really bad etc etc..

Just make sure you try it on for a bit to see if you get pressure points or anything like that.

I really liked my Scorpion. It was fairly inexpensive and was comfortable (for me). I had an HJC and didnt care for it because it didnt fit me well... My Shark is nice but fairly pricy and doesnt fit me like an Arai does...

Conclusion: It depends on you, your noggin, and general reviews to see if parts of the helmet are faulty.

Good luck/ have fun shopping! :thumb:

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I've never tried one, but I just watched 2 reviews for it on youtube. I like the inner sunshield. When you try it on, see how good your peripheral vision is. That's big for me, when you need to do those shoulder checks in traffic.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Make sure any reviews are not by the manufacturer, sales reps or retail outlets.
I'll never buy another helmet unless independently reviewed or recommended by other bikers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts