Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I wonder if anyone could suggest where I could buy a 'reservoir cap' for the rear suspension of an RR05 Fireblade please?

The original simply fell off somewhere, and I'm having trouble finding a replacement.

I've tried a few genuine parts suppliers in the UK, and they're saying that it can only be bought with a complete new rear shock unit !!

I've also tried eBay, and a couple of bike shops - who referred me back to main dealers.

Thanks, Ash

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hello all

I wonder if anyone could suggest where I could buy a 'reservoir cap' for the rear suspension of an RR05 Fireblade please?

The original simply fell off somewhere, and I'm having trouble finding a replacement.

I've tried a few genuine parts suppliers in the UK, and they're saying that it can only be bought with a complete new rear shock unit !!

I've also tried eBay, and a couple of bike shops - who referred me back to main dealers.

Thanks, Ash
You would either need to buy a secondhand shock and take it off that or machine one up yourself to fit it.
Or you could try calling around the people that rebuild shocks as they may have one in the spares bin. Is there a RaceTech dealer nearby?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Larry

Thanks for your reply.

I'll try a few breakers on Monday to see if they have anything, but didn't imagine it would be so difficult to find such a basic part!!

I sent RaceTech an e-mail, so maybe they'll have something.

Kind Regards

Ash

1 - 3 of 3 Posts