Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting this 954 together.on my first ride i thought i was missing the gears because my shifter was messed up.it would go into nuetral and it would make a little bit of noise but i kept shifting up and then it would catch.
I narrowed it down,theres no fourth at all.maybe having problems upshifting to 5th too.these 954s they are 6 speeds right?i havent ridden it much yet
But whatever gear it is 5th or 6.when it finally catches when i down shft its in 3rd.so i been reading up.and it sounds like it might be the shifter forks.
I know how the shifter forks work.and how they ride in the drum.ill have figured out what the dogs do by the time i get my first reply.but these are the main things im hearing i need to look for , right.and im hearing its a quick simple job to do,because you can get to it threw the clutch side.
Now hears another delema i got.i got a whole nother motor from a parts bike that was crashed.it went down running just like this one did.so should i maybe drop my motor and try thiso other one out.im really getting tired of messing with this bike and im low on funds.but money is more of the problem right now.id rather work on it more.what yall think

·
Banned
474 Posts
Why waste the hours on the spare when the trans is cassette style did you say? So first pull the spare's trans and look for damage on the forks first. Forks tell the story.

Edit:
Good stuff, doc. No, it's not cassette style but a partial loophole thru the sump pan cover. You have the luxury to flip the spare engine on its head cover. This way, I'd inspect the piston skirts and then call the ball on the engine swap. Both engine skirts being exposed can show if one engine is less scored than the other. This builds the better trans and engine combo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts