Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'm one of those pretty good riders with no mechanical knowledge. so please be nice:)
have a 2002 fireblade, only 20,000 miles. my problems started with the stator, and other staring based issues. my problem is the guy I purchased the bike from put a ____load of aftermarket parts on the bike. I've had problems with tracing wires that go no where, now my brake light only comes on when i use it for the front brakes. I'm trying to find out what type of brake system this guy added all the parts are red and don't see the manufacturers name. noticed that the left side of the front brake system left a small leak beneath it, and had lots of "oily" build up around that side..the right front however is clean..two separate lines for fluid and my reservoir is full. I know I need to just take it and have the entire electrical system assessed but that's not in my budget, have the running lights that don't work, Dynamo commander but no DVD to get instructions, and no manual...thing is the bike is immaculate, engine hums, and you all know about our speed...my "guy" moved back to Germany to rejoin the Ducati racing team. his shop didn't quite get off the ground...paid 4500 which seemed a heck of a deal at the time, new tires, front brake pads were new. I guess I'm asking, can someone do a "if I where you" #1,2,3 and so on..I just don't want to get taken for my wallet contents when I can find an honest independent mechanic..
sorry for the length, i really want to keep this bike:hmm:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
'm one of those pretty good riders with no mechanical knowledge. so please be nice:)
have a 2002 fireblade, only 20,000 miles. my problems started with the stator, and other staring based issues. my problem is the guy I purchased the bike from put a ____load of aftermarket parts on the bike. I've had problems with tracing wires that go no where, now my brake light only comes on when i use it for the front brakes. I'm trying to find out what type of brake system this guy added all the parts are red and don't see the manufacturers name. noticed that the left side of the front brake system left a small leak beneath it, and had lots of "oily" build up around that side..the right front however is clean..two separate lines for fluid and my reservoir is full. I know I need to just take it and have the entire electrical system assessed but that's not in my budget, have the running lights that don't work, Dynamo commander but no DVD to get instructions, and no manual...thing is the bike is immaculate, engine hums, and you all know about our speed...my "guy" moved back to Germany to rejoin the Ducati racing team. his shop didn't quite get off the ground...paid 4500 which seemed a heck of a deal at the time, new tires, front brake pads were new. I guess I'm asking, can someone do a "if I where you" #1,2,3 and so on..I just don't want to get taken for my wallet contents when I can find an honest independent mechanic..
sorry for the length, i really want to keep this bike:hmm:
I assume you've already fixed the stator and starting problems?
Is the charging system working now?
If your rearsets are aftermarket there may not be provision for a brake light switch. Is the switch on there and connected to the pedal?
Are you sure the leakage is not from a fork seal rather than the brake system?
Can't help with running lights as we don't have them but are the bulbs okay? Do you have power in the circuit? Does it have a fuse?
You can download the software and manual from www.powercommander.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.