Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
freq said:
can anyone help?
There was "one" on amasuperbike.com from yesterday. Other than that, i have seen none.

None of the ZX10 either. Or the R1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i heard you mention rc51 front end. were you kidding? or serious? going to look now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,568 Posts
There was one on .net with all kinds of smoke behind the bike. I didn't notice anything too different about it :idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
freq said:
i heard you mention rc51 front end. were you kidding? or serious? going to look now.
No, i was serious. Same showas they had on the RC last year... 16.5" wheels, the whole 9...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup that's the one. not much different? nice pic except for the smoke and oil..............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
additionally on the rear view of the same machine, i really like the quick release exhaust hanger. the aftermarket exhaust manufacturers should take note.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,568 Posts
So does this mean that we can add the inverted forks and radial brakes to our street bikes? :deal: Obviously it's not inexpensive, but if it can be done it's pimp :highclap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
must be real nice when $ is no object. the boys on 600rr.net are drooling i'm sure.

i get so tired of that place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
ND4SPD said:
So does this mean that we can add the inverted forks and radial brakes to our street bikes? :deal: Obviously it's not inexpensive, but if it can be done it's pimp :highclap:
Yeah, different triples, calipers/rotors, etc... I'd really like a RR with R/T forks... Standard nissin calipers are fine by me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,568 Posts
freq said:
must be real nice when $ is no object. the boys on 600rr.net are drooling i'm sure.

i get so tired of that place.
:metoo: Some guy bought a Magical Racing windscreen the other day. Aren't those like $200?! It's a windscreen for Pete's sake. :idunno: To each their own I guess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ccwilli3 said:
Yeah, different triples, calipers/rotors, etc... I'd really like a RR with R/T forks... Standard nissin calipers are fine by me...

the 600rr turns so incredibly fast the way it is. i cannot imagine how it would turn with the front end dropped (as in that pic, and I assume he is braking also) and the a$$ end jacked up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
No, i was serious. Same showas they had on the RC last year... 16.5" wheels, the whole 9...
I think they had problems with the set-up though:

from roadracingworld.com
"In his limited time on the bike, Duhamel and Crew Chief Al Ludington learned that 16.5-inch Superbike slicks upset the Supersport geometry of the bike.

Today Duhamel’s bike has different geometry, a different front end and a different specification engine. So far, Duhamel said, he is impressed with the braking ability of the light bike with Superbike brakes, forks and tires more than its acceleration."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
ND4SPD said:
:metoo: Some guy bought a Magical Racing windscreen the other day. Aren't those like $200?! It's a windscreen for Pete's sake. :idunno: To each their own I guess
hey hey hey! :mad:

I had a magical racing CF hugger on my RC, $250+ I think. There's no shame there... Gotta dress the girl up to take her out ya know?! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
freq said:
the 600rr turns so incredibly fast the way it is. i cannot imagine how it would turn with the front end dropped (as in that pic, and I assume he is braking also) and the a$$ end jacked up.
I do know that the triples are at a different angle, so it does affect the trail/rake, etc... Those forks are likely longer too, so extra hanging out the top might mean little...

I rode jetblast10's 600RR and he had a penske rear and I assume some additional ride height, I still thought it could be a bit quicker.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top