Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in need of some help lol
on my cbr 900 i have a idle screw on the left side
it came undone and now for the life of me i cant get it to thread back in far enough to get my bike to idle
help ? someone ?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
yes, i can help......when you re-insert the idle screw and it stops, thats because your bottoming out on the inside of the carb....be carefull because if you tried to force it, you might have put a dent in the side of the slide which will make it hard to adjust the idle if the dent is close to where it needs to be set....

what happend is it sounds like the slide fell down to where you can't get it back in all the way, so you have to crack the throttle open to about 1/4 and screw it in.....once you do that, crank and run till it hits operating temp, then set the idle, always crack the throttle during adjustment of the idle screw on that model....

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
yes, i can help......when you re-insert the idle screw and it stops, thats because your bottoming out on the inside of the carb....be carefull because if you tried to force it, you might have put a dent in the side of the slide which will make it hard to adjust the idle if the dent is close to where it needs to be set....

what happend is it sounds like the slide fell down to where you can't get it back in all the way, so you have to crack the throttle open to about 1/4 and screw it in.....once you do that, crank and run till it hits operating temp, then set the idle, always crack the throttle during adjustment of the idle screw on that model....
Say what?
The idle adjuster simply alters the position of the throttle plate shaft to adjust air flow. The slide has nothing at all to do with idle. You can completely remove the slide and needle and the bike will still idle.
You'll have to lift the tank to be able to reinstall the adjuster.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks guys
i had to take the tank off but i got the adjuster in and it works good
thanks for the help
len

1 - 4 of 4 Posts