Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay...so i've honestly grown tired of venturing to the depths of earth to find parts for my 900, don't get me wrong its well justified and i love the bike, but its to much of a hassle

and im going to sale the 929 when i get it back to pay some bills, then i'll be looking into a newer model bike

03+ 600cc...don't believe i need a newer liter bike, but ill test ride and see but im sure the jump from a carbed 900 to a FI 600 will suffice

lol so pretty much can you all help me with? my main concerns is i want something light and something under $5500 hopefully

i want to stick with a cbr, but im open to kawi and yammi, no suckzuki though

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Just ride them all and take whichever you're most comfortable with.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just ride them all and take whichever you're most comfortable with.
well yea thats true, but any advice or opinions on what bikes might have problems

like i know to be on the look out for the charging systems in honda

im buying used and honestly don't know anything about problems other bikes may have, what may be a good year, etc

if that makes sense

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
well yea thats true, but any advice or opinions on what bikes might have problems

like i know to be on the look out for the charging systems in honda

im buying used and honestly don't know anything about problems other bikes may have, what may be a good year, etc

if that makes sense
Makes sense but I can't help you with it :)
What years would be within your price bracket?
Have you ridden the 636?
I would never own a Triumph but I've heard good reports about the 675.
The R6's are probably the most race-oriented but I just don't feel comfortable on them.
I remember when the CBR600RR arrived, the fast guys at the track here were struggling to get the front end to work as well as their old F4i's.
My own preference would be the GSXR600 if I were looking for another 600 - but I'm not :)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Makes sense but I can't help you with it :)
What years would be within your price bracket?
Have you ridden the 636?
I would never own a Triumph but I've heard good reports about the 675.
The R6's are probably the most race-oriented but I just don't feel comfortable on them.
I remember when the CBR600RR arrived, the fast guys at the track here were struggling to get the front end to work as well as their old F4i's.
My own preference would be the GSXR600 if I were looking for another 600 - but I'm not :)
i honestly like the gixxers, but they are literally everywhere here in Houston...not kidding. i dont want to get one simply because every sport bike you see is the gsxr, followed by the zx6 then r6 and cbr running last

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
i honestly like the gixxers, but they are literally everywhere here in Houston...not kidding. i dont want to get one simply because every sport bike you see is the gsxr, followed by the zx6 then r6 and cbr running last
That wouldn't affect my decision, if the GSXR were the better bike for me I certainly wouldn't buy something lesser just because everybody else has one.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I wouldn't care about that since I just sold my Blade and bought a gsxr.:D
well i cant get a great condition 06 gsxr 1k for $5k :rolleyes:

Weird.
In my world I buy the bike I'm going to enjoy the most :)
why would you do that? am i the only one on this board who cares about posing?:idunno:

but im beginning to become stuck on the 06 anniversary edition r6s :O

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Owned an 03 636 and an 06 R6. Both are very comparable with me giving the power to the 636, but the handling, by far, to the R6.
someone actually told me the same thing today...i need to ride a r6 now!

i loved my 05 6oorr. couldn't get enough of it. and good deals are everywhere on those.
im sure, the 03 was fun for me and im positive they got better by the year
:clap:

·
Registered
332 Posts
never heard anyone complain about a gsxr 750, my friend crashed his gsxr 1000 and blew up the engine on his gsxr stunt bike parted them out for a down payment on a 08 750 and says its best of both worlds light and powerful. but i understand what ur saying about getting lost in the crowd, its the same thing in LA everyone has a gsxr i dont usually care about that kind of stuff but it seems like all the "squids" get gsxrs and r6's. i liked the new fireblade cause all my gsxr and r6 riding friends said it was gonna suck and when it got bike of the year and they all said "it still sucks, id never ride a honda" i wanted one so bad. iv riden the 08 r6 and its way too small and touchy for me, im 6foot 260 lbs **mostly muscle ;)** the gsxr is a good bike got nothing bad to say about it but it doesnt stand out as a great ride in my mind. luckly the fireblade was a great purchase cause the ride is fun the bike is light and powerfull, its still a bit small for me but its comfortablem, and my friends all admit that its not ugly at all in person like the pics made it look. i agree the decision should come from ur bum not ur eyes or your heart. i love honda now and it will be hard to not follow my heart when looking for another bike. and i love the way r6's look and sound but i could never ride one for any extended period of time. in the end the bike has to be right for you

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
It all comes down to personal preference. I think for me a gsxr 750 was the best all around bike I ever had, better than any Honda I ever had. I don't care if every squid on Earth has a gsxr it was the best bike for me, and they must be popular for a reason. Don't get me wrong I loved my Honda's...alot, and as Solice mentioned before if I didn't get such a great deal on a gsxr 1000 I would still be riding my Honda. So bottom line for me is ride what you are most comfortable with and don't choose the bike that less people have. Another thing....as far as dirt bikes go, I can only ride a Honda, I ride my buddy's Kawi's, Suzuki's, and I just can't wait to get back on my CRF, everyone is different so ride what you like.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.