Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all.
This is my first post here-

I have been wanting A CBR-RR or a GSXR for quite some time now, and I finally decided it's going to be a CBR.

I found a CBR 929RR for sale about 30 miles away from me that I am going to go check out on friday/ probably buy if it is as advertised...

Bike is a 2000 w/ 15,000 miles on it. Has lots of new parts- new complete clutch assembly, wave brake rotors front and rear, and extra set of wheels and tires, steel braided brake lines, Pazzo levers, manual timing chain tensioner, new rear sprocket, frame sliders, new fork seals, steering stabilizer, spike bar ends, stainless steel body hardware kit, vortex 1 inch up and back rear sets and a pair of bike stands...

Seller claims the bike is in excellent running condition. He is the 2nd owner. Bike has not been dropped, but does have some minor dings and scratches, but nothing serious. Originally he was wanting 5K for the package (that was a month ago), but he needs cash for a new cage and now agreed to sell me the whole package for $3600...

This is going to be my first race replica bike- I have been doing quite a bit of research on the net lately, and seems like a really good deal to me- I have been wanting a race replica for a number of years now, and I think I should jump (still need to hear it run tho' and inspect it)...

What do you all think???:smilebig:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hello neighbor, welcome to the forum. My advise buy it, if it runs good you will love it. Damn cold out isn't it.
Got down to -16 here last night w/ 6 degrees today- it's supposed to start warming up tomorrow tho', w/ a high of 20 an 27 on fri.:huh:

I'll post some pic.s of the bike after I pick it up!

There's a guy over in Billings w/ a beautiful 02' GSXR Telefonica over in Billings...It's got 17K on it but has been babied and is pristine. He wants 3K for it... I decided I wanted more power tho'... I figure w/ the 992's curb weight of 419 lbs. and an advertised 150 BHP at the crank that would be plenty for me- not only was I impressed by the youtube videos I saw of guys putting 929's through their paces but the engineering that Honda put into the bike is waaaay ahead of it's time (year 2000/2001).
Does anyone know why Honda stopped production of the 929? I have only heard good things about them from owners...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Brrrr! About the same here, today it got up to almost ten degrees and it felt like a heat wave, I was able go out side and drive the forklift without getting the moon suit on. It is three below and falling right now. I hope it works out with the 929, it is a great canyon carver. They are very reliable, I have a hair shy of fifty thousand miles on the clock and it runs as good as the day I got it. Some guys have a lot more than that. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
There's a guy over in Billings w/ a beautiful 02' GSXR Telefonica over in Billings...It's got 17K on it but has been babied and is pristine. He wants 3K for it... I decided I wanted more power tho'... I figure w/ the 992's curb weight of 419 lbs. and an advertised 150 BHP at the crank that would be plenty for me- not only was I impressed by the youtube videos I saw of guys putting 929's through their paces but the engineering that Honda put into the bike is waaaay ahead of it's time (year 2000/2001).
Does anyone know why Honda stopped production of the 929? I have only heard good things about them from owners...
The '02 GSXR750 would be putting out about the same power as the 929. I'd have to check but I would think the GSXR is lighter as well.
The 929 is an awesome street bike.
I would think they'd do well if they re-released the 929 even if they didn't update anything but I can't see it happening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The '02 GSXR750 would be putting out about the same power as the 929. I'd have to check but I would think the GSXR is lighter as well.
The 929 is an awesome street bike.
I would think they'd do well if they re-released the 929 even if they didn't update anything but I can't see it happening.
This 02' GSXR Telefonica is a 600, w/ an advertised 115 BHP...Still, not bad for a lil' ol' 600! :thumb:

Still, for another $600, I would rather own a 929!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
This 02' GSXR Telefonica is a 600, w/ an advertised 115 BHP...Still, not bad for a lil' ol' 600! :thumb:

Still, for another $600, I would rather own a 929!
Okay, the 600 is definately down on power compared to the 929 :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts