Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ill apologize in advanced if this is just another annoying noob question, but i really want to get yalls opinion before i go through with this....im gonna be getting myself a cbr600rr hopefully sometime next month or in the near future. im gonna be buying used and chances are that the bike i get will be a 03-05 modelive been looking around and im not gonna get one with more than 15k miles on it sooo, i want to know how the reliability is on these and how the do with high miles on the (i dont wanna spend more time fixing it than riding it) it will be my last bike for bout 4 years and i plan on doing track days with it and i will ride it EVERYWHERE so ill rack up some major miles on that baby....ive been left under the impression that if reliability is wat ur after then hondas the way to go, i just wanna make sure the bikes up for it...no i will not abuse the bike on the street, i will ride responsibally...id b lying if i said i wouldnt kick it up a notch in the twisties but it wont b crazy (im not a squid) i want to save all that for the track where it matters and is legal...speed and performance does not really matter to me much as im comming off a 250 so itll all be crazy fast to me haha, i realize that the 07 and 08 are the fastest modles,(dont know bout the 09?) but chances r my wallet wont cover a cbr that new

so please any input will be GREATLY apprecieated <--spelled wrong

thnx again!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
reliability is greatly related to how well it is cared for. I wouldn't get one the doesn't have sevice records. If its from a private seller ask y they are selling it. also asked what they did with it. Daily commuter, race, stunt? Aftermarket add ons can give you a good idea as to the way it was treated sometimes. watch out for red flags such as oil spots under the bike, bad fork seals, excessive scrathes/dents ect.. But as long as it has been kept up well and not abused it will be very reliable for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reliability is greatly related to how well it is cared for. I wouldn't get one the doesn't have sevice records. If its from a private seller ask y they are selling it. also asked what they did with it. Daily commuter, race, stunt? Aftermarket add ons can give you a good idea as to the way it was treated sometimes. watch out for red flags such as oil spots under the bike, bad fork seals, excessive scrathes/dents ect.. But as long as it has been kept up well and not abused it will be very reliable for you.
Thnx alot bro!!! The first thing ill ask them is wat they did with it, ill look them right in the eye and ask if theres been any abuse or problems that they aint told me yet, ill try to get the one thats the least modded up
(then i can set it up the way i want it) and ill keep a eye out for oil spills, signs of wear n tear or a crash, if i see it ill bring it to there attention, also i wont buy without a test spin

thanks again man i REALLY appreciate it

·
Registered
106 Posts
Look at the condition of the tires (#1! evidence of burnouts=hooligan, or old tire squared off=tourer/commuter), colour of the oil, are there maintenance records, does he have decent gear (attitude factor), chain stretch, cleanliness, stickers hiding scratches, where is it parked/stored, asshat haircut, expired plate...
Lots of things to consider on a used bike. Lots of mods could indicate a crash or an enthusiast - original parts kept? In what condition?
How long has he had the bike-last week, or since new?
Have you got an experienced buddy that could help you out? A case of beer as a bribe could save you a ton of headache.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look at the condition of the tires (#1! evidence of burnouts=hooligan, or old tire squared off=tourer/commuter), colour of the oil, are there maintenance records, does he have decent gear (attitude factor), chain stretch, cleanliness, stickers hiding scratches, where is it parked/stored, asshat haircut, expired plate...
Lots of things to consider on a used bike. Lots of mods could indicate a crash or an enthusiast - original parts kept? In what condition?
How long has he had the bike-last week, or since new?
Have you got an experienced buddy that could help you out? A case of beer as a bribe could save you a ton of headache.
Thnx man, ill deffinantly keep wat u said in mind, and i do have a frei d thats into bikes like i am, but hes all about dirt bikes, If the bikes all modded out and the guy just seems like a crazy squid and i just get that "bad" vibe then forget him ill move on

ive never bought a used bike before so thnx for helping me to k ow wat to look for!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.