Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the garage this morning. well, actually the window tinter found it. :eyebrows:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Man I see them little suckers every single day in the bunkers and magazines here at work. Not to mention the tarantula's all over the place.

Dano

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ND4SPD said:
Did you pet it?

actually yes i did. i had to flip it over to get the pic.

he is the coolest little spider i have seen upclose.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
bubba said:
I'll bet Chain shares that sentiment.

I've seen one of those before. One guy I know was on nights at a grocery store packing shelves and found one in a crate of banannas. He took it home with the rest of his slimey & crawley pets. His Mom could put up with the snakes, gheckos and iguanas, but she nearly blew a gasket when she saw this little bugger.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
bubba said:
"He" isn't a "he" bubba. Only the female BW has that marking.

She's also the most venomous spider in the U.S.

(Pays to know your spiders when you live in Brown Recluse territory like I do.)

Some of my anti-spider chatter is mere editorial licesnse. I don't like them, but they don't freak me out like I've led you boys to believe.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
The hobo and recluse bites are far more severe than the widow. I don't kill the widows around here anymore because they are the best control against hobo spiders - which are getting much more prevalent here.
The black widow is actually a really neat looking spider, and aren't really that dangerous. They are nearly blind, and widow bites are rare. The bite is also very rarely fatal and doesn't cause tissue necrosis like hobos and recluses.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Yep, you're right BDA. The BW's venom is massively toxic, yet they inject so little that it's rarely lethal.

Recluse spider bites are truly horrific. Festering, weeping, non-healing ulcers.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that is why he doesn't bother me. i was bitten by a BR at FT Bragg several years ago, it was just plain nasty.

the widow was down there eating my assortment of spiders, there are little dead buggers everywhere.

anybody know what attracts them? this is the first day that I have seen one in the garage, it is not a dark place as the door is mostly open. I know it is new because of all the other spideys i have in the corner where i found him

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Chain said:
Some of my anti-spider chatter is mere editorial licesnse. I don't like them, but they don't freak me out like I've led you boys to believe.
:crying: :crap: :crying: :crap: :crying: You mean all of the hard work I've gone to is for naught?! Man, you sure know how to burst a person's bubble. :rant:

Heyyyy, wait a minute, I get it. Cop reverse psychology at work here, eh? :clap:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Newfie TLR said:
His Mom could put up with the snakes, gheckos and iguanas, but she nearly blew a gasket when she saw this little bugger.
Hey Newfie, is that the ghetto version of a gecko? :p

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Bacchus said:
:crying: :crap: :crying: :crap: :crying: You mean all of the hard work I've gone to is for naught?! Man, you sure know how to burst a person's bubble. :rant:

Heyyyy, wait a minute, I get it. Cop reverse psychology at work here, eh? :clap:
LOL! No, not reverse psychology, Baccy. I still think they're sorta gross and will sqoosh 'em with my size 12 if they're in the house, but I'm not really afraid of 'em. Sorry. ;)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
the pic is fuzzy. :(

:smilebig:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nhfirefighter13 said:
the pic is fuzzy. :(

:smilebig:

I know, and that was th best one!!!. I was using the digital camera and it could not focus on the subject - i think it had to do with the all white back ground and the black spider was 6 inches in front of it. I tried it 13 different times :idunno:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts