Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
NH? Why? They should build it here in Charleston where it could be used year-round :smilebig:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Garage Mahal..... :)

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
HondaGal said:
Nice....for cars. The 21 off-camber turns certainly don't sound bike friendly. :crap:
Yeah, I don't get that....looks like 25-26 turns on the course, why so many off camber????

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
off camber is sweet! Seperates the men from the boys and the women from the girls!

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
off camber is sweet! Seperates the men from the boys and the women from the girls!
I get that....but variety is the spice of life, why make 80% of them one camber or the other?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
yes, that was on RRW & M/T a few days ago. I wouldn't dare post it for fear of being flamed. Nice track like that and they will probably never host a race. Sad, but cool at the same time.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Baketech said:
I get that....but variety is the spice of life, why make 80% of them one camber or the other?
all off camber corners are different. See VIR-N for more... Can anyone say decreasing radius off camber, oh yeah!?

In a positive camber corner, I feel like I am cheating! :)

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
In a positive camber corner, I feel like I am cheating! :)
I hear you, but a good gravity hole really puts a smile on my face....

Edit:
Here come the leg humpers......

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
freq said:
yes, that was on RRW & M/T a few days ago. I wouldn't dare post it for fear of being flamed. Nice track like that and they will probably never host a race. Sad, but cool at the same time.
The site state that it's not going to host any races and is not going to be set up for spectators. Personally, I think that's pretty cool.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Off camber corners are good for bodywork makers...I prefer positive camber myself, feel the G's baby! BTW, CC, I think high speed cambered or no cambered turns are the ones that separate the men from the boys, most fast track day guys are near the pros in slow corners, but not in the fast ones. Nothing like flicking it in at 120MPH and feeling the slider melt.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
nhfirefighter13 said:
The site state that it's not going to host any races and is not going to be set up for spectators. Personally, I think that's pretty cool.
What's the point then? How are they gonna make any money? Or is it just somebody's personal sandbox?

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
ND4SPD said:
What's the point then? How are they gonna make any money? Or is it just somebody's personal sandbox?
My local track makes it's nut with private testing, lapping days, and a few club events.....

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ND4SPD said:
The point is they are marketing it as a "Country Club" type of setting....and they will not have to compete with NHIS for the actual races... Their prices aren't that bad compared to NHIS as far as renting it out for a daily event. Actually, they're a little cheaper on Tuesdays-Thursdays and slightly higher on their "peak" days. NHIS doesn't do a road course for cars. These guys will. Motorcycles.....It HAS to be better than NHIS for track days. Racing? We only had one week of interesting racing up here anyway before it was cancelled...no big loss. :idunno:

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Oh sure.......get the cool chit after I move to AZ...wtf. I'm sure it will be a bit safer then NHIS, since that was one of the main reasons it no longer exsists on the AMA schedule. I remember talking to Miguel Duhamel and The GoShow about how unsafe the track was for the fast guys. It'll be nice to see a new attraction in NH that may bring more safe riding condidtions to the Granite State, just too bad they didn't think about that three years ago before I moved. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Dano

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
If they actually build it, I hope the trees from the drawing are hypothetical, or it looks just like another Limerock with about 60 places to get killed . . .

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
abtech said:
If they actually build it, I hope the trees from the drawing are hypothetical, or it looks just like another Limerock with about 60 places to get killed . . .
:nod: Or they could put up nice walls to protect the trees

1 - 20 of 21 Posts