Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took out the WSB champ out this afternoon for a ride with my friends. for quite a while now i noticed a rattle underneath my seat as soon as the road gets bumpy. took of the seat and saw my battery just lying there on its side. nothing securing it or strapping it in place. thought that might be the way it should look like.
all of a sudden the bike started to misfire like hell, and backfired like a top fuel dragster. i stopped and check, could not see anything out of place, revved it up, no problem, but i noticed the instrument light flickering on the beat of the engine. i got back on and pulled of, cant even get 40 mph without it misfiring. as soon as the misfiring starts the FI indication lamp turns on. so i thought, here we go $5000, my fuel injection kissed me goodbye. :crying:
i made it home, and started to strip off the fairings to see if the fuel pump or a fuse might be causing the trouble. so i started to swear and kicking tires. cant see any problems, so i tried to fire her up again, but the starter motor sounds like a smoker with emphysema. then i noticed sparks on one of the battery poles. the battery leads came half loose, because it was constantly shifting up and down and sideways. so the fuel pump starved sometimes when there were no constant solid connection.

can someone just send me an image of how the battery needs to be secured underneath the seat, or is it supposed toe be lying there like a bread in a fridge?
:confused:
thanks guys

·
Registered
168 Posts
The battery cover is what holds the battery in place.
The battery cover has three clips that secure the cover to the rear fender at the rear, and tabs that fit into slots at the front.
Above the cover is the seat, so the battery has no where to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.