Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Went ou to hit the canyons saturday morning and noticed that my right mirror was 'closing' down, tried to ajust but the axis that holds the mirror (and pivots back and forth) would not hold the position. Checked it out once stopped but could figure out what needs to be tightened on the thing.

I know it's kinda silly but can anyone help me out on this? it's really annoying.

Thanks

Alex

·
Registered
847 Posts
Is the part of the mirror that holds the glass not holding it's position or the arm from where it mounts to the bike?

If it's the glass area itself, there isn't much you can do. If you can figure out how to pop the glass out and tighten the nut inside (has a spring and nut) then you could fix it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, it's the arm. I'll try what Niner said when I get home. No idea how that got loose in the first place though :huh:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
My mirror fell off while I was riding when I first bought my bike. Luckily I caught it (while moving still) Then the dealership actually charged me for the screws since I didnt catch those :thumbd:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Your own fault for not catching them. I guess you learned your lesson.

Maybe you should have taken it up with the government. Mirrors are essential, and therefore mirror screws - or bolts - should be provided to everyone as a saftey net.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, removed the small cap, tightened the allem bolt.. and it seems to have worked quite well i'd say:loser: . Thanks folks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts