Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost the key to my 03 954. I need help with removal of the ignition switch...I dont have my repair manual and need some help...

thanks

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I lost the key to my 03 954. I need help with removal of the ignition switch...I dont have my repair manual and need some help...

thanks
Easiest way to remove it is to remove the top clamp completely and then remove the ignition switch from it. A locksmith might even be able to make a key for it without having to remove it from the clamp.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k thats what i figured...you know what kind of bolt holds the ignition switch in? looks kinda like an allen but none of the allens fit in the hole? thanks

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
k thats what i figured...you know what kind of bolt holds the ignition switch in? looks kinda like an allen but none of the allens fit in the hole? thanks
Torx.
You should get them out okay once you can get to them but they're often Loktited.

·
Registered
478 Posts
if its like my 900rr it will be a star wrench/torx - sp?, you may not need to take it off though, take the top clamp off and look for a number stamped on the ignition, if there is one you can take that to a locksmith and get a key made.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I was told by a locksmith years ago that the trunk lock and gas cap have less tumblers than the ign. switch, I lost the key to my ninja
Just FYI

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Your exactly right hondasrule. I lost the key on my 071krr and lockouts unlimited had a key made in 45min, even came to my house.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OR YOU CAN TAKE THE TRUNK LOCK OUT IT WOULD BE EASIER.(I THINK)
:nono:
Well taking the trunk lock out will not work as the gas and trunk use different number of tumblers. Another option you have is to call a Honda Service shop and get the key "code" using the VIN, giving this to a lock smith they should be able to cut you a new key.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Another option you have is to call a Honda Service shop and get the key "code" using the VIN, giving this to a lock smith they should be able to cut you a new key.
That's provided you know for certain that your eight-year-old bike still has its original lock set.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts