Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 CBR 929 that was running until I swapped out a different wire harness to test it , then I put the original back on. I have no error codes and checked the grounds, power, I get gas, relays are good, So I don't know what else to check. no spark on all 4.
Thanks
Matt
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Have you checked for a blown fuse?
Maybe the harness you pluged in, may have had a short and blown one of your fuses.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I checked all fuses, I have power at everything in harness. maybe I can't wire the 2 kill switch wires together or my keyswitch has something wrong like that antitheft thing . I dont know , I have no error codes
thanks

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
:eek2: I guess an auto elec should still be able to work it out for you :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I might have to put on the stock wiring and bring it in to Honda dealer since no one knows . the 929 service manual doesn't really go into too much on the electrical system .

I dont know , all the sudden I lose spark , but there is power on everything and no error codes .

I wonder about that stock key switch that I run through. I heard of those going out , with that anti theft diode, I will try to bypass that key switch and stick in my own zenor diode,

Tell Me what is an AUTo Elec?
thanks

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Mattxp800 said:

Tell Me what is an AUTo Elec?
thanks

Matt

An auto elec is an automotive electrician, at least that's we call them over here, you know, some one who has the patience to check the power flow through wiring etc with out letting the smoke out of it :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts