Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Hugely entertaining...but our boy in the air wouldn't need a radar lock to vaporize that little car.

:guns:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
"The deadliest helicopter in the world flown by the best pilot in the world against the most nimble car in the world driven by an idiot."

:rotfl:

·
Registered
217 Posts
The Lotus dealers in the US should be getting the Exige in soon, if not already. When I went to the dealer in NC they were talking about taking Lotus owned Elises to the track were you could pay and drive one of their's at the track. Here is the lotus site, but be warning it is lacking. http://www.lotuscars.com/.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Yes, but avionics packages are typically different with our aircraft. It may be the same hardware, but the software is most likely different. I'll defer to our resident Apache pilot on whether that's the case with Apaches.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
BDA116 said:
Yes, but avionics packages are typically different with our aircraft. It may be the same hardware, but the software is most likely different. I'll defer to our resident Apache pilot on whether that's the case with Apaches.
That would be my guess. Normally we hold back a bit. That's one of the issues with the F35 that the UK is worried about.
I know the missiles sold to other countries from my program don't have the same capabilities ours do, due to being "dummed" down.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
That's my baby, the Longbow not the Lotus. Unfortunately, they tipped the scales in the car's favor to make it more exciting. Still fun to watch though.

Chain: You're right, I don't use radar to lock onto targets. All I need is a heat signature.

At the short distances and high speeds, it would be difficult to keep a target "in constraints" for a missile but I'd have chosen 30mm HEDP for this particular soft target. Much more efficient (and more exciting) but it makes for a shorter video clip too.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
BDA116 said:
British (and Dutch) versions have a different engine (Rolls Royce) and transmission. Apart from that and fire control software differences, they are identical.

PS It seems there are two resident Apache pilots here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts