Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a high mount that sounds like a D&D???

How does the Devil SB2 compare to the D&D??

Any sugestions on getting a high rise pipe and adding the D&D slip on???

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Are you hoping to collect insurance for going deaf? Why would anyone in their right mind other than a possible want that ? No possible reason other than to piss people off cruising through their neighborhoods at 3 in the morning hittin the rev lim. in first gear and piss off your riding buddies because they can't ride anywhere near you due to the obscene and irritating noise that that piece of emits. It doesn't sound good. If you want to attract the honeys go to the gym.
*poof* be gone

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
vex : Does anyone make a high mount that sounds like a D&D???    

How does the Devil SB2 compare to the D&D??    

Any sugestions on getting a high rise pipe and adding the D&D slip on???
Whatever you find, don't come by my place or I may introduce you to the loudest pipe you'll ever hear: Mr B.A.R. . . .

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
What's with all the abbreviations today?

B.A.R. - Big A$$ Rottweiller?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
ConqSoft : Quote (firedawgon929 @ June 22 2003, 1:54pm)What's with all the abbreviations today?

B.A.R. - Big A$$ Rottweiller?
You're in the military and you don't know what a BAR is?    
Correctamundo.
Big A$$ Revolver?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
'Browning Automatic Rifle'

Bingo!

AKA:

Big Ass Repeater, Tree trimmer, barn remover, squid cleaner etc., etc.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Oz : Browning Automatic Rifle

(from a former Air Force guy, even - sheesh! )
*DOHhhh
Us current AF folk aren't up to speed apparently.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have a Devil high mount and am very happy with how it sounds - basically because it doesnt' sound anything like a loud-ass D&D.

It is very quiet at idle with a nice deep tone. It gets a little rowdy in the upper RPMs but (in my opinion) never gets TOO loud.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am glad the Devil sounds so good because I have decided on a Devil SB2 highmount 3/4 system. Even though I did not find the D&D to be TOOOO loud.

I heard a Yoshimura and thought it was WAY TOOO quiet!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Excellent choice, vex! I have the sb2 hi-mount and I love it! You won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I sure the hell hope not!!! I am going to bike night on Thursday here in MI, who knows I may change my mind depending on what I hear. The only thing set in stone is that it has to be a highmount!!

Thanks for the opinions ...good or bad

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was talking to a mechanic at a local shop I go to, and he was telling me that with the high mount you can lose some of your midrange power.

Any truth to that? Is it even noticeable?

·
Registered
120 Posts
the only way you could lose midrange due to an exhaust mod is to eliminate the htev, but even then a custom map will take care of it. I dont think there is a real horsepower difference between high and low mounts.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Someone say highmount?

Hehe, it isn't as loud as you'd like though.  The CF is done better then the devil exhaust CF but it doesn't get loud until 4k+ on the tach.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts