Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I got a 00 cbr 929 and was wondering how many miles you have left after the low fuel light comes on taking it real easy on the throttle. I went about 10 after it came on and didnt feel like finding out if it could go any more.
Thx

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I think you have around .9 gallons left...I would definitely be looking for a gas station as soon as it comes on. Typically, I try to get gas around 120 miles on the tank to be safe. The most I've ever done on reserve was about 22 miles.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Dunno about the 929 but when the light comes on with my 1000 I've got a little over 3 litres of fuel left. I ran out on Saturday night for the first time... 67Km after the light went on.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I always say once you have to go to reserve you have until you reach the next fuel station. There's no reason to try and push it any farther.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
On my RC, I have about 1 lap left if I baby it. Unfortunately, the light is totally useless in normal daylight and I have the reputation to prove it . . .

·
Registered
272 Posts
Got got about 25 miles last year before i ran out of gas about a mile from a station Luckly a good citizen picked me up and took me to the gas station I hated leaving my baby one the side of the road. never have pushed it that far again:idunno:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
got 32 miles on the light babying it because I was in the middle of nowhere KY.

All I kept hearing in my head was dueling banjos.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
done just about 30 on my 954 with the light on and hadn't run out.
I use one of the trips, too, so I know roughly how much I have to go before the light as I get 110 mile to a tank roughtly before the light is on.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
seamus said:

You got a real purdy mouth.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
seamus said:

All I can think of is BFE-KY now. For some reason the state abbreviation fits the banjos so well... it's creepy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts