Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2006 1000RR today. The bike is mint and only has 2900 miles. It has been lightly modded (slip-on, blinkers, etc) but does NOT have a power commander. Prior to me purchasing the bike the owner informed me that the bike runs great but has a low speed hesitation. He told me that it was the plugs and he would have them changed before I picked the bike up.

I showed up today to buy it and everything seemed great. Bike ran perfect, revved freely etc. I got on the bike to leave and it set out great the first time. Then I came to a stop and went to set off and it had a bit of a hesitation. Next stop same thing (except this time I stalled). I immediately went to restart the bike and it sounded as if the starter was dragging a bit. My previous bikes all sounded like the starter spun faster. Nevertheless, I rode the bike the rest of the way home (1 hour plus) and every time I came to a stop it was the same thing. I had to rev it high to set off and feather the clutch out or else it would stall.

I'm hoping you all can be of help since I JUST bought the bike. The previous owner was telling me that it needs a power commander but to me that doesn't make sense. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
My 04 has a stutter that a PC would fix but that is not what you describe. Check the battery for the slow starter, also the stator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 04 has a stutter that a PC would fix but that is not what you describe. Check the battery for the slow starter, also the stator.
Is there a chance that the two are related? I tested the battery with my multi-meter and got 12.7 from the battery. When it was running I got up to 14 volts. Unfortunately I can't measure amperage though.

I have the stock pipe (came with the sale). If I replace it will the hesitation go away? It's hard to believe that just a slip on would make the bike set off like crap so much. My 07 gixxer 750 had a slip on and I never had any issues (yeah I know different make/model).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts