Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my bike last back in early November on a warmer day, however, I was caught in a bad rain storm on the way home and when I pulled into the garage the bike smelled like it was burning or just really hot (the smell of new hot plastic). I thought maybe just water hitting the engine but when I went out to start the bike today to run it, I got the same smell but this time with a whiff of radiator fluid scent.

My radiator fans turned on around 180°F and wouldn't stop blowing, they continued operate and wouldn't allow the bike to heat up past that temp range. Usually my fans kick on around 217°F

I don't know whats going on, could this be a blown fuse, thermostat, computer malfunction? Please help, something is wrong with my baby and I don't know what to do.

PS I have made turn signal mods and added a fender eliminator kit to my 2006 CBR 1000RR

·
Registered
355 Posts
My bike smells like burnt rubber after riding in the rain. Rubber from the front tire sticks to the header pipe when it's wet.

you may need to pull the fairings to see where the coolant is leaking from. Don't know if your bike has a coolant level sensor. But you should check the level first to make sure there really is a leak. Hose clamps can get loose (rubber compresses) and leak after a while.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
:plus1: sounds like you need to track that coolant leak down mate.

As for fans nots going off.......thermostat ??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts