Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased an 01 F4i that apparently needed top end work and wouldn't turn over. Come to find out, there is a gaping hole in the center of the block.

Fast forward. Bought new low mileage engine, dropped the old POS out, tossed the new one in and am down to the LAST bolt. I cannot for the life of me get the lower shock link to line up with the (2) lower engine brackets. I have no assistance and am trying to do this myself so any help is appreciated. Photos below.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Im not sure which way the swing arm needs to go to get it to line up so with that being said, put a scissor jack between the tire and subframe and jack it up til it lines up OR put a ratchet strap through the wheel and around the subframe and ratchet it tight til it lines up. Im not sure either one of these would work but it might be worth a try.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,119 Posts
Make sure you have these 2 brackets (#6) in the right position, looks like they're the only parts that would make that link not reach the mount holes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not sure which way the swing arm needs to go to get it to line up so with that being said, put a scissor jack between the tire and subframe and jack it up til it lines up OR put a ratchet strap through the wheel and around the subframe and ratchet it tight til it lines up. Im not sure either one of these would work but it might be worth a try.
Perfect advice. scissor jack between the tire and subframe did the trick. Finally finished!

And a carnage photo from the old motor. Apparently it needed more than top end work...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts